Menu

Favorite IPAD apps for kindergarten

ItoLina

Letterschool is a great handwriting app that my kids love. It has several font options, including Handwriting without Tears. It takes the kids through a three step process, progressively building skills. Plus it has fun, whimsical graphics that my kids love. I have seen real improvement in my kids handwriting since using it.

Hungry Guppy is a fun math app that builds early math skills. Also, we like Montessori Board for Montessori style early math work.

Also, we like Readings Eggs app for sight words. It is like the Fruit Slice game but with sight words. It is more fun than flash cards!

Letterschool is a great handwriting app that my kids love. It has several font options, including Handwriting without Tears. It takes the kids through a three step process, progressively building skills. Plus it has fun, whimsical graphics that my kids love. I have seen real improvement in my kids handwriting since using it.

Hungry Guppy is a fun math app that builds early math skills. Also, we like Montessori Board for Montessori style early math work.

Also, we like Readings Eggs app for sight words. It is like the Fruit Slice game but with sight words. It is more fun than flash cards!

Thanks! My son has only ever played that fruit slice game at the Verizon store while waiting for me to talk to the sales rep, but he LOVES it, so I am excited to check out the Reading Eggs sight word app. Also, I am always looking for anything to make handwriting practice more fun because he really doesn't like to do anything handwriting related. Looking forward to checking these things out. :001_smile:

Love Letter School - one of my favorite ed apps.

We've used all the apps in the Kindergarten category of my app reviews:

http://appsforhomeschooling.com/category/1bygradeandage/3kindergarten/

Lots of great recommendations here already too - DON'T miss LetterSchool or Reading Raven (I don't have reviews for them yet).

Thanks!

That was very helpful in narrowing down my search :001_smile:

We have enjoyed Bugsy Math. Also, bugs and buttons. I want to buy bugs and bubbles next. Circus letters is good because it won't let them do a letter backward or out of order, you must do it correctly. I've tried other handwriting apps that, if the finished product was right it passed you. DS would do weird things and it still said it was ok, circus letters won't.