Menu

Notgrass Government Exams?

We are using Notgrass government this fall, and I am very pleased with the depth of it and the amount that my teens are learning. We are doing all of the writing assignments, as well as the weekly unit quizzes. My question is about the exams - there are three throughout the course, covering 5 units each. In the exam book, each exam is 50 short answer questions. How have you handled this? I thought about just asking my kids to work through the questions like a study guide and show me their work, as the time involved would be well over an hour. Has anyone done something different? The root of my concern, I guess, is trying to prep the kids somewhat for college, and I think I'm doing that with the combination of independent work, quizzes, and written assignments, but I'm getting nervous since my oldest is a senior this year.

Homeschooling high school is giving me so much anxiety!! I really just want this kid to fill out ONE application and get accepted somewhere, then I can return to my normal, semi-stressed out self. ;)

If your goal is to prep your kids for college, then I would give them the exams as exams because in college they'll be expected to take cumulative midterms and finals that will take well over an hour as well (I think our finals in college were something like three hours long).

If your goal is to prep your kids for college, then I would give them the exams as exams because in college they'll be expected to take cumulative midterms and finals that will take well over an hour as well (I think our finals in college were something like three hours long).

:iagree:

That's true; I hadn't thought about these exams as the equivalent of midterms/finals, since there were three throughout the semester. Thanks for the input!