Menu

New titles on the boards!

It almost seems to be going in that direction, doesn't it?

Anyway, back on topic:

I wish I could be a Wallabee. :)

We could have different life paths to choose from in the ranking system (I'm talking about some hacking of the php here, but what the hay!)

Occupations:

• carpenter bees (could also fall under the musician category)

• plasterer bees

• leafcutter bees

• mason bees

If you want to add temporary labels to those who are behaving less than nicely, you could go with some wasp titles.

Some of my personal favorites overall, though:

Gypsy Cuckoo Bee

Early Humble Bee

Daisy Carpenter Bee

Poppy Mason Bee

Shaggy Mining Bee

Hairy-horned Ichneumon.

I must add that IRL I am deathly afraid of bees and other stinging (even though I know some don't sting) insects. :scared:

Rockermom it looks like you did research! On a side note, I am afraid of crickets - I had one bite me when I was about 7! Yes, crickets do bite!!

Back on topic: How about a Wanna Bee instead of Just Visiting?

Oh man! I actually looked up types of bees so I could contribute to this thread and Rockermom beat me to it! I was going to suggest carpenter bee too. And there are wood bees too.

I think it would also be cute to incorporate titles such as Brindee suggested, words that have "be" or "bee" in them but aren't really about bees. "Bee-autiful" or "I'm just a bee-ginner," I don't know. Now that I see it written, maybe it would be corny. :glare:

Oh man! I actually looked up types of bees so I could contribute to this thread and Rockermom beat me to it! I was going to suggest carpenter bee too. And there are wood bees too.

I think it would also be cute to incorporate titles such as Brindee suggested, words that have "be" or "bee" in them but aren't really about bees. "Bee-autiful" or "I'm just a bee-ginner," I don't know. Now that I see it written, maybe it would be corny. :glare:

I love Bee-ginner! Good one.

I just love your corny idea.:001_huh:

:lol:

I guess this thread begs the question...

Beekeeper?

If you head to Wikipedia there are lots of options...

Queen Breeders, Sideline Beekeepers, Apiarists, forager, swarm member, killer bee...

I am also partial to the Wannabee previously suggested!

"Bees usually return to the beekeeper's hive as the hive presents a clean, dark, sheltered abode." (Wikipedia from above) Hmmm... Seems sort of like the boards...

Oooo-haven't seen that one yet (or maybe I haven't been paying enough attention).

Well, there were quite a few bee keepers, but now that the titles have been re-arranged a little bit, no one might be at that stage yet, now. I saw one that used to be a beekeeper, but now she is an empress bee. :)

Well, there were quite a few bee keepers, but now that the titles have been re-arranged a little bit, no one might be at that stage yet, now. I saw one that used to be a beekeeper, but now she is an empress bee. :)

I cannot keep up :glare:

:lurk5:

Rockerbee

Dynobee

Wantabee

Bitybee

Technobee

It almost seems to be going in that direction, doesn't it?

Anyway, back on topic:

I wish I could be a Wallabee. :)

We could have different life paths to choose from in the ranking system (I'm talking about some hacking of the php here, but what the hay!)

Occupations:

• carpenter bees (could also fall under the musician category)

• plasterer bees

• leafcutter bees
  • mason bees

If you want to add temporary labels to those who are behaving less than nicely, you could go with some wasp titles.

Some of my personal favorites overall, though:

Gypsy Cuckoo Bee

Early Humble Bee

Daisy Carpenter Bee

Poppy Mason Bee

Shaggy Mining Bee

Hairy-horned Ichneumon.

I must add that IRL I am deathly afraid of bees and other stinging (even though I know some don't sting) insects. :scared:

Is this the right place to ask at what numbers our designation changes? I have no idea. Should I bee excited to bee so close to 100. Will I beecome something else?:D

If you go to the Member List, then click on Posts. It will sort the members by post count and you will be able to see the changes there as you scroll through.

If you go to the Member List, then click on Posts. It will sort the members by post count and you will be able to see the changes there as you scroll through.

Thanks for the info, but maybe ignorance was bliss in this case. Now I know I'll probably be a larvae for the rest of my natural life . . . :D

(And I did try the "Royal" idea -- but my head isn't buying that one. :lol:)

Maybe you need to get a red robe and a tiara!:lol:

I'm a cheap date -- I'd probably settle for a new -- red, of course! -- sweat shirt for winter and a pair of tennies that don't look live I've had 'em for two years. Actually, I think I should probably be proud of the fact that they've lasted that long -- and could probably go for another two! :lol:

And a sweat band for Taekwondo class. :)

• 1 month later...

Ummm, I see someone with 890 that is a Queen Bee. I have over 2000 and I'm a Queen Bee. Is there nothing between? That's a huge area to be the same thing. I mean, not that it really matters. Just more curious as to why the HUGE area with the same name?

I actually like being a Queen Bee! :)

Ummm, I see womeone with 890 that is a Queen Bee. I have over 2000 and I'm a Queen Bee. Is there nothing between? That's a huge area to be the same thing. I mean, not that it really matters. Just more curious as to why the HUGE area with the same name?

I actually like being a Queen Bee! :)

You'll just have to roll around down here in the honey with the rest of us. :lol:

Cool! Sounds fun to me! :D

I hope I didn't come across poorly. I just wondered why there's such a huge range for 1 title. :001_smile:

I was surprised at how large it became, too, but suspect it has to do with just how often many post. My kids, however, no longer call it honey. They call it bee v----.

Cool! Sounds fun to me! :D

I read somewhere it's supposed to be good for your skin, and I can use all the help I can get! :lol:

I hope I didn't come across poorly.

Not on this end! :)

I just wondered why there's such a huge range for 1 title. :001_smile:

I never noticed it, but am kind of glad. I have been graced with a "QB" title in real life, on occasion, but the "B" wasn't "Bee" and it usually included "of the Universe." :D