Menu

Selling to a person with only 1 post??

gevs4him

i would do it. just use paypal and mail it with a confirmation number.

:iagree: I sold to someone with 0 posts once and it was perfectly fine. I don't think I would sell to a brand new member with 0 posts though. The person I sold to had been a member for a couple of years at least.

I began to search the forums just to buy specific curricula, and have already purchased a number of things. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hard to reach the 50 post mark! I read through the forums from time to time, and I find that someone else has already responded with what I want to say. I don't want to post just to reach the 50 mark, I want to be helpful if I can--does that make sense? I know that I cannot speak for everyone who doesn't have a lot of posts, but it has been helpful to have people trust me enough to sell to me :)

newcomers get a bad rap but I personally have never had a problem selling to them. I have in fact had problems with a few who have had over 1000 posts before. Post count does not = integrity as a buyer. If the contact you are having with a potential buyer is giving you qualms then I would not sell to them no matter the post count.

I agree with several of the posters - I officially joined 1.5 years ago, but I am on the boards reading every single day - and I still haven't reached 50 posts!

I have been so happy to sell some items to people on the "wanted to buy" board as well as purchase a few items from the "for sale" board.

As stated, I wait for the money to clear on Paypal, then I ship. Conversely, I pay immediately when I agree to purchase something.

Hey - this just got me one post closer to 50! Yippee!

What do you stand to lose? They are the ones who take a risk by sending money to a stranger. You don't ship anything until the money is cleared. :confused: BTW, I've sold to someone with only a handful of posts...no big deal. I get more nervous as the buyer.

As a new member (joined in September), I actually found the board when I was looking for used curriculum. Thankfully, no one seems to have minded selling to me, as I almost always use paypal which is safe for them. I have been able to get great deals on things for my dd and now, I'm feeling more confident in posting. I've asked a couple questions and gotten wonderful responses, and when I see a post from someone else that I can relate to, I am enjoying participating and hopefully having a helpful response.