Menu

Has anyone heard about an illness going around causing severe stomach cramping...

We've had something similar. Cramps and diarrhea. No vomiting or fever. But, we've had a HORRIBLE chest cold we keep passing around in addition. Not sure if it's the same thing or two separate issues.

I feel for you! I've gotten BOTH of these things in the last week. I'm exhausted!!! All four kids have had it too.

Dd has had stomach cramping, diarrhea, and vomiting for a few days now. We thought initially that it was from drinking river water while kayaking on Saturday. She is eating some and not getting rid of all of it and she is drinking just fine. We have been watching her pretty closely. I just picked up some pedialite today.

Just getting over it here. Had to cut my portions in half and eat very bland food for two weeks. Water didn't settle well, but tea did. And jello was my friend. If I had eaten as I wanted, no doubt it would have been more than belly troubles. I could have won a belching contest, it was insane!!

And upset stomach, but no fever, etc.? My children and I have all gotten it, but it lasts at least a week!!! The stomach cramps are awful, but there are no other symptoms.

My ds is staying home from school today with this -- just bad stomach ache...no fever.

My best friend's dd was home from school last week with it. Her teacher (who my bff knows well) told her than many kids in the school had it.

One of my good friends (in another state) texted me this morning and told me her dd is home from school today...same symptoms (except a low-grade fever!).

Weird...

And upset stomach, but no fever, etc.? My children and I have all gotten it, but it lasts at least a week!!! The stomach cramps are awful, but there are no other symptoms.

Could it be salmonella? There has been a major problem over ground beef contaminated with salmonella in Canada.

Younger dd has something like that. Last Tuesday at 4 a.m. she awoke with bad stomach cramping, vomiting and diarrhea. Tired all day, stayed home from everything. By the next day she was bouncing back, and life went on even though she was a bit nauseated. BUT, then the next Monday night she started vomiting again, and went to bed at about 8p.m, totally exhausted. Tired but otherwise fine the next morning.

We've been trying to pin down something she eats or does on Sunday or Monday that could make her sick Monday night/Tuesday morning. But, really, she eats what the rest of us eat.

I'm ready for this to be over.

We've had something similar. Cramps and diarrhea. No vomiting or fever. But, we've had a HORRIBLE chest cold we keep passing around in addition. Not sure if it's the same thing or two separate issues.

I feel for you! I've gotten BOTH of these things in the last week. I'm exhausted!!! All four kids have had it too.

I think these go together as we've had both at our home as well. Horrible chest cold and then the stomach issues. I'm lying here on the couch right now dealing with the stomach issues!

I think these go together as we've had both at our home as well. Horrible chest cold and then the stomach issues. I'm lying here on the couch right now dealing with the stomach issues!

Now that you mention it... my daughter was starting to get some sort of cold right before she got the tummy bug. The rest of us have just had the really horrible cramping and upset stomach. So strange! And it lasts longer than any stomach bug I have ever had.

For the last 3 days my 9.5 yr old has complained of stomach cramping. The first day he got up for school and said his stomach was cramping really bad. He asked if he could stay in bed. I've been giving him an extra dose of probiotics. No fever or vomiting just stomach cramps. Strange, I thought he was just trying to get out of school work! LOL

:iagree: I had a chest cold for two weeks along with stomach pain. The strange thing was that I was also hungry all the time. I have been better since Monday thankfully.