Menu

Does anyone here scrapbook and/or make cards?

I do when I have a chunk of time here and there. With tax season taking so much of my time and the purging/organizing/selling I've been doing, I haven't had much time for it.

But, I love it just the same.

Do you post to any online galleries? If so, I'd love to see your work!

I scrapbook but don't post in any online galleries. Although my scrapbooking buddies from North Carolina have been really poking at me to join scrapbook.com so I may do that, probably with the same name. I have plenty of layouts saved to my computer so it wouldn't be too much work.

Here are some examples of my work I have uploaded (if the pics are too big, I'll switch them to links):

I think this one is OK...

emilypage.jpg

These are too big (and I'm too lazy to fix them at the moment :o) :

http://scrapbookingforhire.com/garden.jpg

http://scrapbookingforhire.com/helojump1.jpg

http://scrapbookingforhire.com/jenthislove.jpg

I love to scrapbook and make cards. I don't have my layouts on an online gallery though. :( I try to scrapbook every spare moment that I have- which, these days isn't much. I find with dd in gr. 1 my time spent in my scrapbooking room has been drastically reduced.- I'm usually preparing lessons or looking into curriculum. Finding these boards hasn't helped either. :D

I love to scrapbook and I love my scrapbooks. Unfortunately, when we embarked on this move/renovation lifestyle a year and a half ago all that was placed on the back burner! :-} I've told my sister (and scrapbooking buddy) that when the new house is done we're going to have a scrapping marathon at my place to celebrate (and get caught up)!

I'm afraid, though, that I'm of the old school - no computer scrapping for me. I wouldn't know where to begin!

Blessings,

Sharon

Mrs. Mungo,

You definitely add a lot of artistic elements to your layouts. Very nice. I showed my son the airborne layout.

Mine are posted online here:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=129389&w=3&pos=2&pg=1

It includes my layouts as well as my cards.

Sharon, Mrs. Mungo took a photo of her layout and uploaded the photo on the internet. It's not actually digital scrapbooking (computer scrapbooking).

My 13 year old dd scrapbooks and makes and sells greeting cards. She mostly makes Birthday cards, the local art musuem sells them for her and she also takes special orders for her cards. She does beautiful work and we are proud of her for starting her own little business. By the way, she did not inherit her talent from me!

Also, when our 2 oldest cats died this fall, dd made dh and I beautiful scrapbooks of the cats as a memory (the cats were our first 2 "babies") so we were very touched that dd made these scrapbooks in their memory.

She works on her cards while I am doing read-alouds to her from Sonlight.

I make cards. It goes in waves/phases for me. There are times when I spend most of my free time making cards, and then months go by without making any. I actually just brought out my card-making things to the living room, and made a bunch of Valentine's Day cards this weekend. My grandmother started making cards 5 or so years ago, and got me into it, and it's really nice to share a hobby with her.

I am a big scrapper - but I'm super lazy about posting stuff. I used to be active on 2 peas but man - this homeschooling thing takes some time! LOL!!! I love to scrap - I find it so relaxing and it's so fun to talk to my kids in the future with what I write now, KWIM? I WILL scrap a few pages this week! :)

Mrs. Mungo,

You definitely add a lot of artistic elements to your layouts. Very nice. I showed my son the airborne layout.

Thank you so much! :)

Mine are posted online here:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=129389&w=3&pos=2&pg=1

It includes my layouts as well as my cards.

We're super-busy at the moment but I wanted to bump this so I will be sure to look later today!

Sharon, Mrs. Mungo took a photo of her layout and uploaded the photo on the internet. It's not actually digital scrapbooking (computer scrapbooking).

Yes, I think of myself as a crafter. I like the paper and scissors, pens, etc. In fact, I have a real passion for paper much like some quilters do for fabric. I don't do any digital scrapbooking. I was incredibly disappointed with the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame issue this year because there were *so many* digital layouts.

I don't scrapbook, per se, but I do use many elements of scrapbooking in my art. I just finished a bunch of collaged Valentines, and you can see them on my blog. There are pictures both of the whole collage, and then another once I cut it into cards. I made it on good watercolor paper, and am really pleased with the way they turned out. I definitely think I will use this method to make cards in the future.

I did very good when Ilived in GA and CM rep lived across the street. she'd invite me over when the kids were in school and I would get along done. We left in 99 and well.....No interest because it was not as accessible for me. DH gave the scrapbooking deluxe last christmas I did a few pages but no interest. I do make cards when I forget to pick them up.