Menu

Why is it called KISS grammar?

Sunshine Mama

Really? I was just trying to be funny!

But of course, he is careful to clarify that he didn't mean it as an insult to anyone.

Having learned that it stands for "Keep It Simple, Stupid," some people have considered it to be insulting. Since it is not my intention to insult readers, the acronym requires some explanation....

....No one enjoys being called "slow of mind," but note that even that first and most insulting definition refers to "unintelligent decisions" and "acting in an unintelligent or careless manner." Stupidity is, in other words, essentially a matter of choice. And choice is what the KISS Principle emphasizes -- "Keep It Simple, Stupid" implies that we have a choice between the simple and the complex (and confusing). And, like Occam's razor, it suggests that the intelligent choice is the simple one. If we fail to keep it simple, we are, in other words, stupid.

If Dr Vavra had just followed the "keep it simple, stupid" principle in organizing the program and the website it would have been a godsend. Instead it is an almost impenetrable mess. Irony?

Bill

:lol: I love KISS and my son is using it obut some homeschooling web designer needs to give that man the help he needs.