Menu

How do you keep kids having a good attitude?

bttrflyvld

Fortunately we have just begun and are still trying to figure out how we want to do everything. My question goes for both homeschooling and every day life. I feel like to keep homeschooling on the right track and enjoyable you need to keep everyone with a good and positive attitude. It's something learned and especially the mom has to keep it positive.

I'm trying to figure out some good ways to keep our days positive and encourage good attitudes in both during homeschooling and throughout our rest of our days. I've thought about making a positive attitude chart but not sure where to start with that. Any ideas? How do you keep your days running smooth and happy?

With young ones especially, it begins with you modeling the behavior and lots of patience. Keep things light, and remember to hug, tickle, and play! When a bad attitude surfaces, I tell my kids their attitude needs some work and have them sit outside or on their bed until they can be happy. At our house, this isn't a schooling thing, but a life thing. Lol

Fortunately we have just begun and are still trying to figure out how we want to do everything. My question goes for both homeschooling and every day life. I feel like to keep homeschooling on the right track and enjoyable you need to keep everyone with a good and positive attitude. It's something learned and especially the mom has to keep it positive.

I'm trying to figure out some good ways to keep our days positive and encourage good attitudes in both during homeschooling and throughout our rest of our days. I've thought about making a positive attitude chart but not sure where to start with that. Any ideas? How do you keep your days running smooth and happy?

Call me a sell-out, but I pay my kids with play money for doing schoolwork with a good attitude. It worked very well with my preschooler to turn school into something eagerly anticipated. Now he expects school to be fun and the money is a nice bonus. I have a school store every other Friday and the boys can buy toys with their $$. My older son has a ton of anxiety and he is pleased when the stars align and he is cheerful about work, but the reward doesn't help the anxiety. I do reward heavily when he pushes through it.