Menu

History Projects for Ancients

Pam in MA

We're starting our second rotation of history after completing SOTW. I want to throw in a couple of history-based projects as relief between some of the harder reading we'll be tackling. Anyone know of a resource for projects for slightly older kids (middle-junior high)? I've got tons of resources for younger, many of which we've done. . . I'm secretly hoping there's some compendium out there titled "History-based Projects for Junior High School".

I don't know anything like what you are asking, but my kids just spent 10 weeks on Ancient Greece. Each week, they read (on top of other history work) a Greek Myth (Hawthorne) and then rewrote it in their own words, adding an illustration from the internet (or in some cases my daughter actually painted an illustration- she is very artistic) Both ended up with a mini book of 10 Greek Myths in their own words. It was a great exercise and they are both proud of them.

We do 3 writing assignments a week, and their Greek Myth was one of the three.