Menu

Can I see your Lego storage

We keep Legos in the largest shallow rubbermaid/sterilite container I could get at WalMart. It slides in and out from under the bed in the boys' room. Of course, there are also Lego creations on their dressers and Legos in every drawer and nook and cranny of their room as well. Sigh.

We have this tall rolling plastic drawer systems with like 6-8 drawers that many people use for workboxes. They are color coded, because it is the easiest way for us to keep up with Legos.

We are about to move in with my MIL and will be downsizing significantly. I have one of these and I think I will give it to my son to use under his loft bed for Lego storage. Great idea!

We keep Legos in the largest shallow rubbermaid/sterilite container I could get at WalMart. It slides in and out from under the bed in the boys' room. Of course, there are also Lego creations on their dressers and Legos in every drawer and nook and cranny of their room as well. Sigh.

That's exactly our setup as well. I am forever saying, "Y'know, I don't care about your creations being on every flat surface but NO LOOSE PIECES!" Every time I open a drawer to put a sock away, five Legos fall behind the dresser.

We use this 3 drawer wide plastic cart from Walmart ($18).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-3-Drawer-Wide-Cart-Black/16415880?findingMethod=rr

Ours is white, don't use the wheels. They put a different category of Legos in each drawer. (One for blocks, one for plates, one for weird things.)

And each boy has one of these plastic craft (for cross-stitch floss) box for the tiny parts:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Janlynn-Cross-Stitch-Floss-Holder-Box/20702943

And a bookshelf for the built models! It's fun to see others' solutions.