Menu

My dh's fault

My dh has been bugging me to get our oldest to read Artemis Fowl. I kept forgetting because, well, there are so many books.

I finally out the book on ds's kindle. Now I've got a reading maniac on my hands. I sent him upstairs to do his math while I was busy with my youngest. I walked upstairs after an hour and he had been reading the whole time!

I don't know whether to be happy because my dyslexic ds is engrossed in a book, or irritated because he didn't do his math. :lol:

we all love Artemis Fowl here. I actually really prefer it on audio, the narrator is wonderful and does great Irish accents. We are saving the next one for a big driving trip.

When we listened to the very first one, the library copy was scratched and we couldn't finish it on a long car trip. When we got to our destination, Dh went to a bookstore and bought the book so he could find out what happened. :D

good luck tearing your ds away!

You have many years to be irritated because he didn't do the math, let him read. :D

It took years to get my ds interested in reading. He's still not an avid reader, and he's still a slow reader, but Keys to Kingdom series by Garth Nix is what got him hooked. Ds stayed up past his bedtime the other day. The next day I asked why he is was up so late. He was watching a documentary on Einstein and then finally fell asleep reading Bradbury. How do you get mad at that?

Enjoy this day.

My dh has been bugging me to get our oldest to read Artemis Fowl. I kept forgetting because, well, there are so many books.

I finally out the book on ds's kindle. Now I've got a reading maniac on my hands. I sent him upstairs to do his math while I was busy with my youngest. I walked upstairs after an hour and he had been reading the whole time!

I don't know whether to be happy because my dyslexic ds is engrossed in a book, or irritated because he didn't do his math. :lol:

Happy! School is cancelled in favor of a good book.

Artemis Fowl rocks!

Our whole family has become engrossed in this series. My DH, an engineer who had read exactly one novel in 17 years of marriage, picked up Artemis Fowl when I was pre-reading it, and he was hooked. Now our whole family fights over who gets to read each book first. We have had so much fun with this series, and I am so grateful to Artemis for capturing the interest of the entire family.