Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-1-2012

HAPPY OCTOBER! :D

Posting this early because we have A LOT to get done today!

I'm going to make some tea. Would you like some?

Today's schedule includes:

*Me catching up on lesson planning:tongue_smilie:,

*Making breakfast,

*Bible study with the kids,

*Me figuring out how to fit in 3 hours of my own schoolwork,

*Getting the kids to finish their schoolwork before

*Kids' sports practices tonight :auto:, and

*Me missing ballet because of the kids' sports.

You?

Question of the day: if you could live anywhere in the United States, where would you live? Me: Estes Park, Colorado.

Good morning all! I never play, but here we go anyways. . .

Today:

School this morning

Work the ballet costume sale all afternoon

Drive ds to Scouts tonight to give dh a break

Good thing I have a crockpot meal planned!

Where would I live?

Hm.

Today, the answer is: "Anywhere my hubby could get a job that made him happy and in his line of work (music)."

But no snow would be nice ;)

Good Morning!

Happy October!

My day will hopefully be filled with productive homeschooling.

Then Scouts tonight.

Possibly an appointment between Scouts and school with a Realtor.

I'm excited to be making some money mystery shopping again! I'm saving those payments to buy some fancy-schmancy science curriculum next year.

If I could live anywhere...I have no idea where that would be! Ideally, I could take a year-long road trip and decide after. My town has many wonderful aspects...except the failing schools. It's sad at times to live in an area where you know most of the population isn't getting a decent education.

Good Morning.

Today, I will be working, just as soon as my work computer and I get back on speaking terms. Until then, I'm going to Home Depot to get a new water filter for the sink. Then we're going to do some schooling, take a walk and make some carrot soup for dinner. Plus I have two more loads of laundry to do.

Live anywhere? Maybe a bit higher up and further away in the mountains, but I love my town. I also love Marquette, Michigan where my brother lives or a sailboat parked either off the keys in FL or in Crescent City, CA.

Going to try and join in on these....

I would love some tea; what a fabulous idea. I have apple cinnamon or pomegranate cranberry that I can share, anyone want some?

Our schedule today --

--I need to work on quilting a baby quilt I'm finally finishing

--oldest has a fair amount of school to get through; lately it's been around 5 hours/day

--I have to help for 2 subjects of that: geometry & biology

--which I have to fit between science for the middle son and school in general for the youngest

--plus a load of laundry to cycle

--then tonight, middle DS has piano, but DH takes him (yay!)

Honestly, should be a manageable day, except everyone is off to a late start because it's Monday.

And, if I could live anywhere in the US.....for me, this question really means "who would you most like to live near" and right now that would be a dear friend in rural Illinois. I know nothing about her town, DH almost certainly could not get a job there, but right this minute, I'd give about anything to live near here for a change.

If I can't have that and had to choose based on other factors, I'd find the best beach in the US and move near there.

:seeya: Hi Everyone :seeya:

Didn't have tea but had some coffee with my favorite creamer this morning :D

I need to get busy as the morning is nearly gone, we are running behind and have quiet a bit to do today.

school

trip to town, if I can convince myself. Rainy, cloudy and cool makes me want to take a nap or read not run around town ;)

general house straightening

school planning

Where to live. I am happy here but wish dh could get a job & we could get the house fixed or get a new house.

I'm going to make some tea. Would you like some? Um, no thanks! I'm not a fan of tea or coffee. I'll just stick to my ice water! I've now been caffeine-free for 2 1/2 weeks. I haven't had anything other than water in that amount of time! I'm so glad to have kicked my soda habit!

Today's schedule includes:

Well, so far, I've: done more than a day's worth of schoolwork with dd5; done math, handwriting, and WWE with my 3rd grader; supervised math, science and English with my 6th grader; sent my dd15 off to tackle her workload (mostly outside courses); and taken the kids to the library and to take dd15 to get her driver's permit.

Still on the agenda for today:

*history for dd8 and ds11

*FLL for dd8

*exercise--I will do 2 miles on the treadmill after lunch

*get a shower (after I exercise!)

*finish laundry

*make homemade meatballs to go with dinner tonight

*take dd15 to dance (4:30pm)

*feed the 3 younger kids dinner (make spaghetti, brocccoli & bread to go with the meatballs I've made)

*pick dd15 up from dance (6pm)

*drop dd8 off at Girl Scouts (6:30pm) Of course, this is in a complete opposite direction as dd15's dance studio!

*drop ds off at Boy Scouts (in yet another direction) (7:30pm)

*pick ds up from Scouts (9pm)

*get kids to bed and finish household chores

*relax!

*sleep!

Question of the day: if you could live anywhere in the United States, where would you live?

I like where we live. I would choose to stay here for "living" but would love to travel to or vacation in other areas.

Edited by MamaAkins

We have this week off, but my oldest has two days of math and english to catch up on, so....

*math page

*english lesson

*review latin flashcards

*review myth flashcards

*practice piano

That's it. We haven't even started the day yet. They've been making halloween decorations, they played in the mud outside, and we roasted pumpkin seeds. I love October!

I enjoyed my decaf coffee this morning :) I drink hot tea, either decaf or herbal, in the afternoons and evenings. Tea just doesn't cut it for me in the morning!

So much to do today:

~school

~some financial paperwork for a new purchase

~prep dinner this afternoon

~dd17 has play rehearsal after school (she drove herself today)

~dd12 has ballet 5:30-7

~attend an academic award ceremony for dd12 at 7pm

~quiz dd17 for a child psych test tomorrow and a theology test Fri

~proofread the paper dd17 wrote yesterday

I love where we live and wouldn't want to move! I wouldn't mind long term vacationing at my extended family's cabin near Lake Tahoe or renting an apartment/villa in England or Europe for a month or so at a time :)

Good morning, Scrap!

My day -

Limping through the school day

Hoping to get an "emergency" appointment with the chiropractor today.

Where to live in US - exactly where I am but in a house that is not falling apart around me. ;)

Did you get your appointment? I think I need to go see mine too!

Good morning all! I never play, but here we go anyways. . .

Today:

School this morning

Work the ballet costume sale all afternoon

Drive ds to Scouts tonight to give dh a break

Good thing I have a crockpot meal planned!

Where would I live?

Hm.

Today, the answer is: "Anywhere my hubby could get a job that made him happy and in his line of work (music)."

But no snow would be nice ;)

Welcome, Heather! I'd like a job that made my hubby happy, too! But I gladly welcome snow, as well! ;)

Good Morning!

Happy October!

My day will hopefully be filled with productive homeschooling.

Then Scouts tonight.

Possibly an appointment between Scouts and school with a Realtor.

I'm excited to be making some money mystery shopping again! I'm saving those payments to buy some fancy-schmancy science curriculum next year.

If I could live anywhere...I have no idea where that would be! Ideally, I could take a year-long road trip and decide after. My town has many wonderful aspects...except the failing schools. It's sad at times to live in an area where you know most of the population isn't getting a decent education.

We have failing public schools here, too, sadly.

I've done mystery shopping before, as well. Need to find a different company, though. The one I worked for wasn't that great.

Welcome!

Good Morning.

Today, I will be working, just as soon as my work computer and I get back on speaking terms. Until then, I'm going to Home Depot to get a new water filter for the sink. Then we're going to do some schooling, take a walk and make some carrot soup for dinner. Plus I have two more loads of laundry to do.

Live anywhere? Maybe a bit higher up and further away in the mountains, but I love my town. I also love Marquette, Michigan where my brother lives or a sailboat parked either off the keys in FL or in Crescent City, CA.

Karen, a walk sounds lovely. Can I come visit?? :D

Going to try and join in on these....

I would love some tea; what a fabulous idea. I have apple cinnamon or pomegranate cranberry that I can share, anyone want some?

Our schedule today --

--I need to work on quilting a baby quilt I'm finally finishing

--oldest has a fair amount of school to get through; lately it's been around 5 hours/day

--I have to help for 2 subjects of that: geometry & biology

--which I have to fit between science for the middle son and school in general for the youngest

--plus a load of laundry to cycle

--then tonight, middle DS has piano, but DH takes him (yay!)

Honestly, should be a manageable day, except everyone is off to a late start because it's Monday.

And, if I could live anywhere in the US.....for me, this question really means "who would you most like to live near" and right now that would be a dear friend in rural Illinois. I know nothing about her town, DH almost certainly could not get a job there, but right this minute, I'd give about anything to live near here for a change.

If I can't have that and had to choose based on other factors, I'd find the best beach in the US and move near there.

Yep. I get it. Glad to have you in the Teachers Lounge!

I would also like some coffee this morning. It was good but tea always makes me hungry whereas coffee does not. Weird. Sadly, we don't have any good coffee in the house. Anyone have some Douwe Egbert coffee I can have? :D

Back to English with the girl and figuring out how to occupy the boy.

Good Morning! Well, almost afternoon.

I'm enjoying a Coke. Thanks for the offer though.

On schedule today:

School (Mondays are always our heaviest day)

Math tutor for my oldest.

Drop off completed work at the charity I help out (letters)

Work an hour or so on clearing stuff out of Dad's study *sigh* I don't think we'll ever be done.

Help Mom fill out paperwork for insurance companies. She gets so overwhelmed!

Squeeze in more school this afternoon. Science probably.

Easy dinner of leftovers because we have too many.

Taekwondo tonight.

I don't have to work today so it's a nice day for me. I have 3 houses to clean coming up this week though. I'm tired already! :)

I love where I live but wish I was experience more of the fall weather lots of you have. High of 97 today. I just bought new clothes for fall/winter. Wish I could wear them! One more month.

Good Morning.

Ah, Crescent City! I am about an hour from there on the coast. Beautiful place to live!