Menu

Amazing Race

Oy. Did anyone else watch The Amazing Race last night? Did the eliminated couple give you total abuser vibes? The girl was so *careful* with her words and he just seemed like a controlling jerk. (((shudder))) I wanted to scream at her - RUN LIKE HECK!!!!!

Martial arts guy seemed like a tool to me as well.

And the Chippendales were dumber than a box of rocks.

Yes, I thought the eliminated guy was super controlling. I was hoping it was just me. When she said he took over the wedding planning, I was thinking, "Don't get married!" At the end, she said something about being glad to be on the race with him and he said, "(more or less, I don't remember the exact wording) I picked you. You didn't pick me." He didn't even look like he was joking.:confused:

I watched it, and agree with everything said above

In the past seasons I have had a 'favorite' couple, but not so far this time.

I do like the couple who came in 2nd and felt bad for them. They were nice and played well, but lost 1st place to the team that they helped. I did not like that. :glare: It may be a game, but you still have to treat others with respect.

It should be an interesting season. :)

I thought something was off about them, especially when she said he was going to pick out her wedding dress! I hope she was joking.

I felt bad for the team that came in 2nd. I kept hoping that the team they helped would slow down and follow them in to the finish, but of course they didn't. It's too early for me to tell who I'll be rooting for.

I watched it, and agree with everything said above

In the past seasons I have had a 'favorite' couple, but not so far this time.

I do like the couple who came in 2nd and felt bad for them. They were nice and played well, but lost 1st place to the team that they helped. I did not like that. :glare: It may be a game, but you still have to treat others with respect.

It should be an interesting season. :)

This made me sad as well. I really felt like this year and huge amount of self preservation from the get go. I love the fact that we get to talk about it with kids.

Honestly, the Chip n Dales are becoming favorites of mine. ;) More so, because of their personal stories and the fact that I was a bit shocked by a more developed vocabulary than I was expecting. Dh likes the rockers!

I like to think the best of people and hope that the people that edged out the others for first would have let them have it for any other leg. It stinks that the nice pair came in second, but this was a million dollar leg, not just a trip to xyz reward. I would be hard pressed to say I would have been the better person and not run past.

Oy. Did anyone else watch The Amazing Race last night? Did the eliminated couple give you total abuser vibes? The girl was so *careful* with her words and he just seemed like a controlling jerk. (((shudder))) I wanted to scream at her - RUN LIKE HECK!!!!!

Martial arts guy seemed like a tool to me as well.

And the Chippendales were dumber than a box of rocks.

Agree on all counts. When they introduced the martial arts guy, eldest said, "oh, is that the fighting couple for this season?"

And the abacus? Middle dd said, "it's just like battlements and candelabra, why does every season start with a vocabulary word half the teams don't know?"

Agree on all counts. When they introduced the martial arts guy, eldest said, "oh, is that the fighting couple for this season?"

And the abacus? Middle dd said, "it's just like battlements and candelabra, why does every season start with a vocabulary word half the teams don't know?"

My kids were shouting at the TV! It was rather funny. :)

Yes, I thought the eliminated guy was super controlling. I was hoping it was just me. When she said he took over the wedding planning, I was thinking, "Don't get married!" At the end, she said something about being glad to be on the race with him and he said, "(more or less, I don't remember the exact wording) I picked you. You didn't pick me." He didn't even look like he was joking.:confused:

I actually didn't notice. :001_huh:

Like, I just assumed they were joking around and stuff. And that maybe she hated wedding planning or something, so he just took over. Idk....

I didn't see the end, though - well, it was on, but we were talking. :)

I did hate that it said he was a lumberjack, though... because I'm pretty sure he works at dixie stampede. Idk if their lumberjacks count as 'real' ones? :lol: :D

I actually didn't notice. :001_huh:

Like, I just assumed they were joking around and stuff. And that maybe she hated wedding planning or something, so he just took over. Idk....

I didn't see the end, though - well, it was on, but we were talking. :)

I did hate that it said he was a lumberjack, though... because I'm pretty sure he works at dixie stampede. Idk if their lumberjacks count as 'real' ones? :lol: :D

Well, I could be completely, totally wrong. I hope I am. I was getting people set up with food and drink and holding the 2 year old, so what I saw was pretty sketchy. But - I've never thought something like that about a person on t.v. before. When the show was over, Dh said something about the lumberjack being gone. I told him I was glad because he seemed like an abuser.:001_huh: Whatever I picked up on seemed real, but I do hope I'm wrong.

Well, I could be completely, totally wrong. I hope I am. I was getting people set up with food and drink and holding the 2 year old, so what I saw was pretty sketchy. But - I've never thought something like that about a person on t.v. before. When the show was over, Dh said something about the lumberjack being gone. I told him I was glad because he seemed like an abuser.:001_huh: Whatever I picked up on seemed real, but I do hope I'm wrong.

The reason I think that is because I could see me saying something along the lines of 'DH is the boss here' (like she did at the beginning) BUT I think it would come across differently. :tongue_smilie:

I guess I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt -- I think maybe there is an aspect to their relationship that some people just don't understand. Or it could be naive on my part... who knows? ;)