Menu

Hey crafters! Haven't seen an update in a while...

Those masks are adorable! My grandkids are coming for Thanksgiving and I'm going to take some measurements so I can make them masks for Christmas. Thanks for the link!!

I wish I could knit- I've tried several times but I think I'm wound too tightly. My knitting stitches are TIGHT.

I'm a quilter and I'm finishing up a baby quilt for our newly adopted grandson and then starting holiday crafting. I need inspiration!!

I've seen tablecloths that people use for holidays and their guests write what they're thankful for on the tablecloths- they get used year after year. I'd love to do something like that for my daughter's young family, but a tablecloth doesn't seem like it will work for them. Their table might change as the years go by and sometimes they have holiday dinners at our house or her dh's family's house. I was thinking a quilted table runner that is large enough to use for years but small enough to be taken when they eat elsewhere- it can be put on the coffee table or buffet when appetizers are served if the host doesn't want to use it on the table. Would a tablerunner work? Any other suggestions? I really think she'd enjoy this tradition.

I'm crocheting a baby blanket right now. It's light blue in a simple stitch pattern and will have a brown ribbon along it's edge. I'll have to post a pic when it's finished. I finishd a crocheted blanket for my mom a few weeks ago for Christmas and I will be starting one for my brother here shortly. I have plans to do some neat crafts for our kids for Christmas and have many ideas pinned on Pinterest. I love that place! :D

I have completed a few projects. Jammies for the grandkids since they were all together over Labor Day.

I finished several afghans that were wedding gifts and am currently working on a white baby afghan for the next grandbaby due in February.

Thanks for the masks! I have 2 Super hero grandsons with birthdays coming up!

Those masks are adorable! My grandkids are coming for Thanksgiving and I'm going to take some measurements so I can make them masks for Christmas. Thanks for the link!!

Thanks for the masks! I have 2 Super hero grandsons with birthdays coming up!

You both are welcome. I always see loads of cute sewing projects for girls, boys not so much. The mask tutorial reminded me of the black batman cape and hood that I had made for my son when he was three. The cape was used for years in lots of imaginative play. I think the same would be true with the masks which would also make a great stocking stuffer.

I am working on my first crochet project: Duplicating a baby blanket. When I was pregnant with my first son, a co-worker gave me this blanket because she had been given too many when she was pregnant with her son (who was 5 at the time). So, the blanket was made ~25 years ago by an unknown person. I used it with all four of my children when they were infants, and then my dd attached herself to it. She came to me about a month ago holding the blanket where a strand had come undone and was starting to unravel and asked me if I could fix "Comfy". I put a temporary fix in it, we went to the yarn store to match colors, and now I'm trying to create a substitute "Comfy". It is a ripple pattern in pink, blue, and white, and I've just finished the first set of the pattern. I'll post pics when I get it finished.

I love those masks. I've made a tetris themed quilt for my brother for christmas but I am not really a regular quilter I prefer knitting. I am going to knit my sister a hat, scarf & glove set and have already knitted her a pair of socks. Not sure If I'll do any thing else, I am lacking inspiration too.

I haven't kept track, but I did make a Gryffindor for dd. (click on the blog link in my sig to see video of her getting it on the train)

I made a sweater for her to wear on vacation...while wearable, it should have been a bit bigger around. We still like it, though.

I'm nearly done with a Gryffindor hat and I've got a pair of socks for me that I swear will be finished soon. I need to decide if I want them any taller, then bind off. I don't know why I keep ignoring them. The "hard" part is done.

post-12282-13535087621002_thumb.jpg

post-12282-13535087621205_thumb.jpg

I plan to be in toy mode soon. Dd has requested this cat. Ds2, the Doctor Who fan, wants an Adipose baby. And with those two getting toys I figure I'll make this penguin for ds1 who plans to study computer science in college.

Dh wants socks. He's been wearing a pair of inside-out handknit socks for running and wants more. I'll make these with the knit/smooth side inside for the sole so he won't have to wear them inside-out.