Menu

Waaaaaah! Another OAS moment.

I want to cry. DS has food allergies - lots of them. We deal with so many life-threatening allergies - it's a dance every day in the kitchen, and a big production if we go to one of the few restaurants that are safe for him. I call *every* company that makes processed foods or ingredients, but I make most of his foods from scratch.

He also has a wheat allergy - a true allergy, not an intolerance to gluten or Celiac - though it manifests as asthma and eczema not anaphylaxis. (Yet, according to allergist.)

On top of that, he has gobs of pollen allergies and his OAS is out of this world. Raw foods - he can only manage sliced apples, tomatoes, and lettuces. Until today, grapes were fine. Grapes are now causing throat burning and itching, into his ears. No feeling of throat closing.

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh! When does this stop?

I don't want to give him Benadryl tonight as he's scheduled for a food challenge in the doc's office on Tues am. If I give Benadryl it will take another 3 months to reschedule (he has to be Benadryl free for a week prior to the test).

Just needed to share this with someone...

:grouphug: If there is mild breathing issues (quasi-sniffles), would a breathe-right strip help?

What a great idea. I'd never thought of that. He seems to be breathing fine, thankfully. And the itching settled down within an hour or so. Whew.

Thanks for the hugs & well wishes, Dana and TammyH!

I want to cry. DS has food allergies - lots of them. We deal with so many life-threatening allergies - it's a dance every day in the kitchen, and a big production if we go to one of the few restaurants that are safe for him. I call *every* company that makes processed foods or ingredients, but I make most of his foods from scratch.

He also has a wheat allergy - a true allergy, not an intolerance to gluten or Celiac - though it manifests as asthma and eczema not anaphylaxis. (Yet, according to allergist.)

On top of that, he has gobs of pollen allergies and his OAS is out of this world. Raw foods - he can only manage sliced apples, tomatoes, and lettuces. Until today, grapes were fine. Grapes are now causing throat burning and itching, into his ears. No feeling of throat closing.

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh! When does this stop?

I don't want to give him Benadryl tonight as he's scheduled for a food challenge in the doc's office on Tues am. If I give Benadryl it will take another 3 months to reschedule (he has to be Benadryl free for a week prior to the test).

Just needed to share this with someone...

I'm so sorry! We had an appt tomorrow with our immunologist and I had to cancel because my dd got sick and started having breathing issues. Now she's on meds and breathing treatments and I have to reschedule. Argh!! Allergies stink! I get it! :grouphug:

Just throwing something out there:

I have a friend whose daughter had severe allergies but has gotten quite a bit of relief from acupuncture.

My dd13 has pollen allergies and has had allergy shots for 2 years. We are going to look into the acupuncture therapy for her. I have no idea if it will help or not, but it is worth a try for us.