Menu

A Sunday Chat

Good evening, everyone!

I'm trying to eat healthier. I will bring some healthy home-made babaga- hummus to our chat. You don't recognize baba ga-hummus? It is a mixture of baba ganoush and hummus! What would you like to bring?

I'm taking a break from clipping my dog Rocky. This is one of my big goals for the fall. Do you have any fall goals?

It was an absolutely beautiful sunny 70 degree day. What was the weather like where you are?

Is clipping the dog the goal or taking a break from clipping him?

I'll bring some black bean chips - they wheat and corn free and I love 'em.

The weather today was probably beautiful down here, but we went up to a mountain peak and had a lot more variety including some sleet, grapple, and snow plus some glorious fall color.

Fall goals? Oh can I skip them? I'm pretty busy. I'm trying to touch up the paint in the house, and I need to find the winter coats and see who will need new coats or boots and if anybody has a matching pair of gloves that fit.

I am eating a little bag of Cheeto's right now, so can I bring Cheeto's? :D

It is 77* at 530 tonight, so it was a beautiful day! I was working so I didn't get to enjoy it much.

Fall goals???? To get the kitchen repainted. I just painted it last spring :rolleyes:, but I an tired of it all ready. Time to redo!

Good evening, everyone!

I'm trying to eat healthier. What would you like to bring?

I'm trying to eat healthier too....hmm, not sure what I can bring. Apples, we have tons of apples right now. I'm afraid I won't be able to use them all before they go bad.

I'm taking a break from clipping my dog Rocky. This is one of my big goals for the fall. Do you have any fall goals?

I'm dog grooming tomorrow and dreading every minute of it! Besides getting back to eating better, I want to go back to exercising 4-5 days a week. I suppose that's my goal. That, and just getting through the next month or so of activities. I'd also like to organize my house better and get rid of a lot of stuff we aren't using.

It was an absolutely beautiful sunny 70 degree day. What was the weather like where you are?

A nice cool, fall day. We had a delicious chicken soup for dinner. I'm glad to be making soup again.

Fall goals? Oh can I skip them? I'm pretty busy. I'm trying to touch up the paint in the house, and I need to find the winter coats and see who will need new coats or boots and if anybody has a matching pair of gloves that fit.

Uggh! I have to check all that too. Another thing to add to the list. We're pretty busy too, but I'm still going to try to resume my exercise routine again b/c I felt so much better when I was keeping up with it. Have to get rid of this sinus infection first.

Well, if we're going all Mediterranean, I'll bring some chicken Shawarma. I found this great book and their Shawarma recipe is very close to the real thing.

It's triple digits here, again. :glare:

I'm sick of Summer.

My only goal right now is to stay sane. :tongue_smilie:

What would you like to bring?

Sorry, but I'm feeling lazy. I'll bring some of the chocolate chip cookies I baked yesterday and the rest of the fresh pineapple we didn't finish for dinner.

Do you have any fall goals?

No specific goals. I'm trying to get started on Christmas, since I have more time than money this year.

What was the weather like where you are?

Too warm for almost October, I thought. My husband came home from dropping our son for his volunteer shift at the museum today and insisted we take the convertible and go somewhere, because, he said, the weather was so nice. By the time I finished lunch and put on my shoes so we could head to the farmers' market, it was too hot to be pleasant.

I don't know that it made it to 70 here today. Crazy. Highs later in the week are upper 80s. But it looks like our days in the 90s and 100s are over in Texas. YAY :) I don't want it to get cold though and I heard winter is supposed to be pretty tough this year. BLAH.

Well, my fall goal is going gluten and dairy free which I'm starting in the morning. I'm worried. I just think I really should do it. And since my daughter already is, it should be TOO hard. I'll just follow her lead minus all the junk food. And since I'm planning on eating better, I need to exercise also.

Maybe if I do those things, it'll take my mind off my Monkey leaving sometime (probably) before the end of the year. I'm crying quite regularly over that these days.

I was thinking of taking my kids and some foster kids we did respite for a few weeks back to see Nemo or go to LegoLand next weekend. That is a happy thought :)

Oh, a brag? Today we went to Costco and spent less than I thought (though too much still) and then came home and reorganized the pantry and it looks GREAT! Everything is nice and neat and we labeled bins that weren't obvious what they were (if people can't see a case of green beans, they need their eyes examined). Anyway, so that feels good. Tomorrow, we're gonna get ALL the clean laundry PUT UP. Then maybe we can find a system to put up each load as it finishes rather than waiting for Mount CleanLaundryMore.

Is clipping the dog the goal or taking a break from clipping him?

I'll bring some black bean chips - they wheat and corn free and I love 'em.

The weather today was probably beautiful down here, but we went up to a mountain peak and had a lot more variety including some sleet, grapple, and snow plus some glorious fall color.

Ugh - clipping the dog is the goal. He is 90% done and I just sent him outside. The rest of it can be done with scissors to even him up but my back is killing me.

What is grapple? All I know of is a grappling hook.

I am eating a little bag of Cheeto's right now, so can I bring Cheeto's? :D

:svengo: Are they *natural* cheetos?

I rarely participate in conversations on the board, but I avidly follow on weekends. May I attend? :001_smile: I'll bring ants on a log made with natural nut butter.

The weather was beautiful today with the high temperature around 82.

Goals: Finding a way to a general peacefulness in daily life, moving our diet to consist of mostly "best" foods, being consistent with exercise, and de-cluttering with an eye toward realistic minimalism. I have more, but I'm also attempting to shed my perfectionistic tendencies, so those are my current focus. Although, to be fair, I suppose shedding my perfectionistic tendencies is also a goal. Or, is that last statement actually a manifestation of perfectionism? :tongue_smilie: :D

I rarely participate in conversations on the board, but I avidly follow on weekends. May I attend? :001_smile: I'll bring ants on a log made with natural nut butter.

The weather was beautiful today with the high temperature around 82.

Goals: Finding a way to a general peacefulness in daily life, moving our diet to consist of mostly "best" foods, being consistent with exercise, and de-cluttering with an eye toward realistic minimalism. I have more, but I'm also attempting to shed my perfectionistic tendencies, so those are my current focus. Although, to be fair, I suppose shedding my perfectionistic tendencies is also a goal. Or, is that last statement actually a manifestation of perfectionism? :tongue_smilie: :D

I'm glad that you joined us! I love ants on a log with natural nut butter. :001_smile:

Oh geez. Bring food? *casts a jaundiced eye at her pantry* Uh...baby carrots and ranch dip. Or bananas. I have a cpl of apples...

Goals? To get us into some sort of schedule, and get hsing done. And for Wolf to find a job. And get moved. And survive the time btwn now and then.

Weather is chilling off in a hurry, and we're already experiencing issues in keeping the temp in the mobile consistent, which is playing all holy heck w/my RSD.

Bah.

(Sorry, not one of my better moments)

A nice cool, fall day. We had a delicious chicken soup for dinner. I'm glad to be making soup again.

Mmmm. Chicken soup! I need to get my soup recipes out for fall and winter.

Well, if we're going all Mediterranean, I'll bring some chicken Shawarma. I found this great book and their Shawarma recipe is very close to the real thing.

I looked up Chicken Shawarma and it looks really tasty!

Sorry, but I'm feeling lazy. I'll bring some of the chocolate chip cookies I baked yesterday and the rest of the fresh pineapple we didn't finish for dinner.

Yummy! I'll ignore the fact that chocolate chip cookies aren't technically healthy.;)

Maybe if I do those things, it'll take my mind off my Monkey leaving sometime (probably) before the end of the year. I'm crying quite regularly over that these days.

I was thinking of taking my kids and some foster kids we did respite for a few weeks back to see Nemo or go to LegoLand next weekend. That is a happy thought :)

Oh, a brag? Today we went to Costco and spent less than I thought (though too much still) and then came home and reorganized the pantry and it looks GREAT! Everything is nice and neat and we labeled bins that weren't obvious what they were (if people can't see a case of green beans, they need their eyes examined). Anyway, so that feels good. Tomorrow, we're gonna get ALL the clean laundry PUT UP. Then maybe we can find a system to put up each load as it finishes rather than waiting for Mount CleanLaundryMore.

:grouphug::grouphug: on Monkey.

Legoland is fun!

Good job on the pantry. :001_smile:

Oh geez. Bring food? *casts a jaundiced eye at her pantry* Uh...baby carrots and ranch dip. Or bananas. I have a cpl of apples...

Goals? To get us into some sort of schedule, and get hsing done. And for Wolf to find a job. And get moved. And survive the time btwn now and then.

Weather is chilling off in a hurry, and we're already experiencing issues in keeping the temp in the mobile consistent, which is playing all holy heck w/my RSD.

Bah.

(Sorry, not one of my better moments)

:grouphug::grouphug: Have a banana. (I hope things start to go better for you soon.)

Ugh - clipping the dog is the goal. He is 90% done and I just sent him outside. The rest of it can be done with scissors to even him up but my back is killing me.

What is grapple? All I know of is a grappling hook.

:svengo: Are they *natural* cheetos?

It'd be easier if I could spell on a Sunday night. Graupel. It is a small snowball. It is softer than hail an nicer than sleet and bigger than snow. It is one of the words I learned after I moved to Colorado. Did you know that if it is dry enough, snow can evaporate without melting first? How about virga? It is what happens when rain vaporizes before it hits the ground. Colorado has weird weather.

It'd be easier if I could spell on a Sunday night. Graupel. It is a small snowball. It is softer than hail an nicer than sleet and bigger than snow. It is one of the words I learned after I moved to Colorado. Did you know that if it is dry enough, snow can evaporate without melting first? How about virga? It is what happens when rain vaporizes before it hits the ground. Colorado has weird weather.

Wow, I've seen pictures of Colorado that are beautiful but I'm glad that I don't have weather like that!