Menu

My dd keeps waking up in the mornings with bites on her...

She is almost 16 months and this has been going on for the past six weeks or so. They seem to be getting more and more and they look like spider bites. We co-sleep and my dh and myself have only had one bite each. He did contract MRSA from what the doctors "think" was a bug bite about seven weeks ago...

Not sure what to think:001_huh:?

She is almost 16 months and this has been going on for the past six weeks or so. They seem to be getting more and more and they look like spider bites. We co-sleep and my dh and myself have only had one bite each. He did contract MRSA from what the doctors "think" was a bug bite about seven weeks ago...

Bed bugs?

I think flea bites can affect some people and not others.

That's possible. Fleas attack me but leave my husband completely alone - or at least leave no visible mark if they do bite. But, I'm a mess if there are fleas around. I get covered with bites.

Fleas tend to bite in lines of three bites. If it is just a few single scattered bites, I would not think 'flea' as a first thought.

MRSA. See this page about MRSA vs. spider bites, or this page with more spider/MRSA info. She needs to see the doc.

Could be spiders. Once I woke up with a lot of bites on my legs. My first thought was bed bugs--dh travels a lot--even though they actually looked like spider bites. I checked and checked but couldn't find any evidence of bed bugs. Threw the sheets in the laundry. Whatever it was didn't come back, so it was likely a spider. Oh, and dh got zero bites that night. Bugs just love me but him. Same thing happens with mosquitoes, no-see-ums, etc--I get a ton of bites and he gets maybe one. And with fire ants I swell up and he just gets the ouch-I-got-bit reaction. Your ds might just be more attractive to bugs and more sensitive to bug bites. Like me. :glare: