Menu

Need saint stories- Catholic/Orthodox?

I know that Blessed Mother Olga of Alaska (she's not been canonized yet) had a difficult marriage in the beginning and, because of her prayers her husband started going to church and even ended up the priest! I think he had been non-Churched and an alcoholic before that.

There's St. Theodora whose husband was an iconoclast. She kept her icons hidden from him. When he died she was instrumental in the re-institution of Icons.

St. Helena (Constantine's mother) was divorced by her husband (the Emperor) because she wasn't good enough (or something like that.). He later married a better connected woman.

I know that Blessed Mother Olga of Alaska (she's not been canonized yet) had a difficult marriage in the beginning and, because of her prayers her husband started going to church and even ended up the priest! I think he had been non-Churched and an alcoholic before that.

There's St. Theodora whose husband was an iconoclast. She kept her icons hidden from him. When he died she was instrumental in the re-institution of Icons.

St. Helena (Constantine's mother) was divorced by her husband (the Emperor) because she wasn't good enough (or something like that.). He later married a better connected woman.

I meant to add that Blessed Mother Olga is known to intercede for women & children who have physically or emotionally abused.

Edited by PrincessMommy