Menu

My peach tree is flowering

My mom told me about making sure I planted my strawberries with no extra fertilizer... or something like that... to make sure they didn't grow more until next year. I think you're suppose to pick off all the flowers you can so the energy stays with the tree....

Good idea. I'll pull the flowers off and maybe the tree will figure out what season it is by next spring so it can flower again.

I was going to say that I've never fertilized this tree, but then I just remembered that our drip irrigation has an automatic fertilizer injector. Maybe I just won't refill the fertilizer in it until spring.

Sometimes I think I should start a thread about crazy things that happen in Florida. :lol:

The song birds are all coming back from wherever they go in the summer. Maybe that's why my tree is confused... :001_smile:

It's probably not at all the same, but my lilac has some new blooms on them. It's not a new tree/bush, it's been here more than the 15 years we've been here and it's never bloomed twice nor have I ever seen one bloom twice. We did not have a really unusual weather summer either.

I have no clue why it's happening nor if it will hurt it for winter.

It smells gorgeous though...

So... it's not just Florida. I don't know if anyone else will have anything unusual going on.

It's probably not at all the same, but my lilac has some new blooms on them. It's not a new tree/bush, it's been here more than the 15 years we've been here and it's never bloomed twice nor have I ever seen one bloom twice. We did not have a really unusual weather summer either.

I have no clue why it's happening nor if it will hurt it for winter.

It smells gorgeous though...

So... it's not just Florida. I don't know if anyone else will have anything unusual going on.

I'm in Illinois and all of our spring blooms are reblooming for the first time, too. Lilacs, strawberries, bushes, etc. it's crazy. We had a very hot summer with a record drought, though.

We did not fertilize any of these. I've been lazy. I only fertilize in Spring.

I'm in Illinois and all of our spring blooms are reblooming for the first time, too. Lilacs, strawberries, bushes, etc. it's crazy. We had a very hot summer with a record drought, though.

We did not fertilize any of these. I've been lazy. I only fertilize in Spring.

We had a hot summer, but no drought. Our farmers are actually going to profit handsomely from this summer's crops since most of the nation was in a drought and we weren't.

Maybe the heat brought it on, but it was only the 5th hottest summer according to the news with at least a couple of others also coming while we lived here.

We had a hot summer, but no drought. Our farmers are actually going to profit handsomely from this summer's crops since most of the nation was in a drought and we weren't.

Maybe the heat brought it on, but it was only the 5th hottest summer according to the news with at least a couple of others also coming while we lived here.

Ours was horrid. It was like a desert here. All of the crops were plowed under by July. Our garden did nothing.

My whole orchard is flowering, But I am in Australia and it is spring.:D

I've always thought it would be nigh onto perfect to be like some of those migratory birds and whale and go from the northern h to the southern h to fit the seasons... and the travel experience once could gain...

Ah, but I dream/lust... and should get back to reality. :tongue_smilie:

Enjoy spring! (I am enjoying fall - the colors will soon be pretty - after that I'll wish I could come visit for about 4 - 5 months.)