Menu

Free museum day

I find it mildly annoying that it's only "Free Day" for a couple of people in the family. If you're going to do a free day, do a free day. I don't know. That's been my experience with museums in the past, I guess. The website of a museum in an area we're going to be tomorrow had a note for a free day this Saturday and even included the words "Free Admission for All Participants On Saturday September 29, 2012! [This museum] will open its doors free of charge..." I had gone to the site because of our already-planned trip tomorrow; I didn't go to it because of the Smithsonian event. Below the above words was then linked the Smithsonian website. When I inquired about the discrepancy, they said "It's two tickets per family."

If I'd followed the link from the Smithsonian site first, to the museum, I might not be as mildly annoyed because I'd know it could just be two tickets, instead of getting my hopes up because it looked like it was a free-for-all day. Oh, well!

Edited by milovaný