Menu

feeling annoyed at aar right now

genny

:glare:

They just released level 2 and I just realized that their second addition books are different from the level 2 books I purchased previously (1st addition). Now I'm missing stories to go with the program ... not impressed:glare: No, I don't have $40.00 bucks to fork out to buy the new additions!

Do you think I should contact them. I wonder if I can get pdf's of the missing stories???

What do you guys think?

Edited by genny

In small print on the page for AAR2, there's a note with a link to click if you have the first edition. They're letting you trade them in for the newer edition for free:

Are you purchasing All About Reading Level 2, but already own the first edition What Am I? and Queen Bee readers?

Since the new 2nd Edition readers are a required component of All About Reading Level 2, we are offering a special exchange for those who need to upgrade from the 1st edition.

Any customer who purchased the 1st Edition readers in the past year and is currently purchasing AAR Level 2 may return their used readers (customer pays return shipping) for an even exchange of the new 2nd Edition readers. All About Learning Press will cover the cost of shipping the 2nd Edition readers back to you.

Please include your name, mailing address, and order number (if you have it) in your return package.

If you own the 1st Edition readers and are not planning on using All About Reading Level 2, they are still a great supplement to All About Spelling and do not need to be returned.

I think they expect you to cover the shipping to them:glare: I'm not in the USA so this isn't cheap! I would much prefer just getting the pdf's of the missing stories...I would like to use this program but not if it involves a hassle and an extra expense.:thumbdown:

I think they expect you to cover the shipping to them:glare: I'm not in the USA so this isn't cheap! I would much prefer just getting the pdf's of the missing stories...I would like to use this program but not if it involves a hassle and an extra expense.:thumbdown:

:iagree: I'm dissappointed. It's probably going to be cheaper for me to just order the entire Level 2 kit then to return the readers I have and then still have to order the other Level 2 elements and pay shipping.

:glare:

They just released level 2 and I just realized that their second addition books are different from the level 2 books I purchased previously (1st addition). Now I'm missing stories to go with the program ... not impressed:glare: No, I don't have $40.00 bucks to fork out to buy the new additions!

Do you think I should contact them. I wonder if I can get pdf's of the missing stories???

What do you guys think?

I would certainly contact them. If they understand your situation maybe they can find a plan that'll work for you.

I would be totally fine with it if they have a 1st addition level 2 student packet and teachers manual. Why do a first addition book and give people the perception that there will be a program to go with it? I don't think it's fair for me to pay for shipping IMO when they've sold me a book with the impression that a reading program would be going with it:confused:

Maybe it's just me ... I've contacted them and am hoping to receive pdf's of the missing books so that I am able to use the books I purchased with the program I was told would go with them.

If I mail my 1st addition books back to them to get the 2nd addition books, do I have to order the student and teacher materials from them in order to get them to mail me the books (they don't have to pay the shipping then). I'm going to email and ask. I want to order from another company when level 2 becomes available to them and order other things to make the shipping cost worthwhile.