Menu

TMI Menopause question

Sooo...

Aunt Flo showed up 2 weeks after she'd just left town. She has stayed for 2 weeks, (average visit is about 5-6 days, very heavy on Day 3, tapering to nearly nothing) mostly just slight appearance.

This is frustrating!!

So,

Can I expect her to show up again in a month, or what? :001_huh:

I know peri and "real" menopause comes with irregular visits. I just. don't. like. it.

Aunt Flo has done the same to me a few times.

Sometimes she 'skips town' and then shows up the next time like nothing happened. Other times, she overstays her visit and 'retimes' her next visit (so to speak).

As long as she doesn't change her behavior/personality while visiting, I don't worry too much. (geez, this cryptic stuff is hard, but fun!! :lol::lol:)

The older I get, the more rude she becomes! :glare:

Aunt Flo has done the same to me a few times.

Sometimes she 'skips town' and then shows up the next time like nothing happened. Other times, she overstays her visit and 'retimes' her next visit (so to speak).

As long as she doesn't change her behavior/personality while visiting, I don't worry too much. (geez, this cryptic stuff is hard, but fun!! :lol::lol:)

The older I get, the more rude she becomes! :glare:

Exactly. She overstayed her welcome the last time she was here too. You are not alone.

I just want her to go away. I don't like her. She is NOT welcome here anymore. She always causes a mess and doesn't care. She just does as she pleases irregardless of how she puts other people out. Why does she keep coming back? GO AWAY, AUNT FLO, GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Where is the "like" button?

:iagree:

I keep track of my "visits" on my Outlook calendar with notes like:

*** START - 52 days,

After the "visit", I try to go back and note the length and/or anything of note about the visit.

I have done this for the past 18 months and it is shocking (to me) to see how erratic the visits happen. Sometimes I will skip a month or two and then they will be weeks apart like the OP. Sometimes they are super heavy and sometimes very light (like my old normal).

Your not alone. I have not even offered Auntie Flo tea and crumpets, yet she still sticks around, and keeps on coming back for a visit, Well, she has over stayed her welcome. I am almost 45 and I don't need this annoying relative any longer.

She will come in spots for 3 day prior to her visit, and may show up on day 26, then another month she will come in spots for 5 days and she visits on day 29. She is the biggest pain on her 2nd day.

Once she is gone for good, I am burning her remnants on the stake. :lol::lol:

My menopause is surgically induced so Old Flo got the perma boot last November. Hot flashes suck beyond words.

That being said, I second paying your gyn a visit. If the flow is too much, ask about "endometrial ablation" and see if that may ease things.

Good luck! Remember Haagen Dazs is your friend. Feel free to get "chip faced"!! :lol:

She. Is. Evil.

I have always prided myself on her regularity, right down to the time of day she arrived. Oh, that ship has sailed. I have had 15 and 17 day cycles mixed in with 35 and 38 day cycles. I can't decide what I spend more money on - pregnancy tests or "fem care". ARGH.

I'm ready for this to be O.V.E.R.

Your not alone. I have not even offered Auntie Flo tea and crumpets, yet she still sticks around, and keeps on coming back for a visit, Well, she has over stayed her welcome. I am almost 45 and I don't need this annoying relative any longer.

She will come in spots for 3 day prior to her visit, and may show up on day 26, then another month she will come in spots for 5 days and she visits on day 29. She is the biggest pain on her 2nd day.

Once she is gone for good, I am burning her remnants on the stake. :lol::lol:

Tea and crumpets? I shoved a wad of cotton in her and not even THAT has stopped her from visiting. When she starts to sputter out I really try to cork her. Nasty Aunt Flo just will NOT leave me alone and she KNOWS I detest her!

Sorry. :blushing:

:leaving:

Edited by Denisemomof4

I just want her to go away. I don't like her. She is NOT welcome here anymore. She always causes a mess and doesn't care. She just does as she pleases irregardless of how she puts other people out. Why does she keep coming back? GO AWAY, AUNT FLO, GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I keep track of my "visits" on my Outlook calendar with notes like:

*** START - 52 days,

After the "visit", I try to go back and note the length and/or anything of note about the visit.

I have done this for the past 18 months and it is shocking (to me) to see how erratic the visits happen. Sometimes I will skip a month or two and then they will be weeks apart like the OP. Sometimes they are super heavy and sometimes very light (like my old normal).

As the saying goes, "there's an app for that". I downloaded a free android app to my smart phone that's specifically for tracking cycles. I find it's much easier than trying to use a calednar program to do the same thing. I was surprised how MANY apps were available for just that thing. You can record EVERYTHING with this app; flow, symptoms, etc. Then the app kinda learns your cycles (well, for those of us not lucky enough to be in menopause and close to DONE with flo yet, lol), and will predict your fertile days, your next cycle start and length, etc.