Menu

peri-menopause at 39?

I'm 39 and I think I'm having signs of menopause approaching? Is that possible?

I'm having what I'm pretty sure are hot flashes (night only though--so I'm not sure) and wonky cycles along with a lot of hormonal mess it seems. I can't get pregnant anyway so that part isn't a concern. Should I see a gyno just to make sure all is ok?

My mother had an early hysterectomy so I don't have family history to know what age it might happen for me.

I was having signs of peri when I was that age. then I got pregnant in my early 40's and only recently have I started having signs again. Now my dr is testing hormone levels. remember, this stuff can go on for years . . . . remember teenagers?

:iagree:This was me also. Don't let doctors tell you that "you are too young." I had this done to me for over two years, thought I was truly crazy. Cried with "joy" when another doctor confirmed what was going on.

I'm 36 and having symptoms. I have horrible night-time hot flashes/sweats nearly every night, and have begun having them during the day too. Libido issues, crazy mood swings, the whole bit. My mother hit it early and ended up with a hysterectomy before 40. I started my period at age 9, so I figure I'll end it early too.

I starting having symptoms immediately after the birth of my daughter when I was 39. I was told after a tubal reversal surgery in 2001 when I was 33 that mean-o-pause ( Not a typo, just my opinion. LOL ) would hit early. For my family it is extremely early, as most female family members didn't start the change until in their early 50's. Hot flashes, surprise cycles from 12 to 70 days long, power surges, night sweats, insomnia. UGH ! I am now 44, and I think it is easing up some, hopefully. Zero to rage in 0.1 seconds isn't my ideal of fun.