Menu

Ideas for doing World history and American history at the same time?

heidip2p

I am thinking of using MOH 1 and SOTW 1 together for our world history this year. I know a lot of people use those 2 together and it works well. I would also like to add in some American history as well.Any ideas on what something easy to add in might be? I was thinking of doing WH M, T, W and AH Th, F. We are also doing US geography on Friday so I was hoping that would tie it all ok. Or am I just totally off my rocker for trying to do this?

This is what I did when I tried this last year, World:M-W, USA:Th & F. it was working and dd did not get confused. She had a binder with a map of the world on one side of the binder and a US map on the other side, a divider separated the two inside the binder. I had two book baskets and they were only used on the proper days.

Halfway through the year I dropped SOTW and ancient history for reasons other then the two did not work out together.

This website doesn't do it justice, but it does list the links in the Chain of Christianity.

The Principal Approach and the Providential view of history is pretty controversial and disagreeable and even offensive to some people, but the idea of mixing world and American history has caught my attention, as a possible partial solution for my tutoring students' need for systematic content instruction.

I am thinking of using MOH 1 and SOTW 1 together for our world history this year. I know a lot of people use those 2 together and it works well. I would also like to add in some American history as well.Any ideas on what something easy to add in might be? I was thinking of doing WH M, T, W and AH Th, F. We are also doing US geography on Friday so I was hoping that would tie it all ok. Or am I just totally off my rocker for trying to do this?

I used them both. You can see my schedule here:

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/history/ancient/books.html

There isn't really any American history to add in for MOH1 and SOTW 1 (unless I'm not remembering correctly)?

After using MOH1 and SOTW1, I went on and did this where I did both world history and American history:

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/history/awesomehistory/awesome_history.html

Hope this helps. I found that combining American and World History was a MUCH better fit for my family than trying to do them separately.

I used them both. You can see my schedule here:

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/history/ancient/books.html

There isn't really any American history to add in for MOH1 and SOTW 1 (unless I'm not remembering correctly)?

After using MOH1 and SOTW1, I went on and did this where I did both world history and American history:

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/history/awesomehistory/awesome_history.html

Hope this helps. I found that combining American and World History was a MUCH better fit for my family than trying to do them separately.

Nice to see you hear! I was just going to recommend your schedules!

I am planning on using Guest Hollows Ancient History schedule and American History schedule together.

Nice to see you hear! I was just going to recommend your schedules!

I am planning on using Guest Hollows Ancient History schedule and American History schedule together.

Ohhhh duhhh I get it now (what the OP was writing). Yes, you can do 2 separate histories at the same time. Geez, I was being way too literal and thinking there wasn't a lot of American history going on at the same time as ancient. :D

Sorry for being dense.

I'm not sure what specific resources to recommend, but here is a good post that talks about the Charlotte Mason approach to two streams of history at the same time:

History Helps from Charlotte Mason Help

I've been thinking about adding in American history once a week, and we're already doing world history once a week. I'm using old books, so Builders of the Old World for world, and perhaps The Rainbow Book of American History if we end up doing American as well. Either that or I will save it for when we finish Builders!