Menu

Elemental Science Switch

vwsmith

I posted about my issues using Apologia Astronomy but am willing to try to finish out the year with it b/c my son wants to do Astronomy.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=428415

However, having been recommended Elemental Science Grammar Stage Earth Sci & Astr, I'm wondering if I could do a switch without too much problem if I start with the astronomy portion first.

What do you think?

Feel free to tell me what you think about Elem Sci as well.

I posted about my issues using Apologia Astronomy but am willing to try to finish out the year with it b/c my son wants to do Astronomy.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=428415

However, having been recommended Elemental Science Grammar Stage Earth Sci & Astr, I'm wondering if I could do a switch without too much problem if I start with the astronomy portion first.

What do you think?

Feel free to tell me what you think about Elem Sci as well.

We are using both Elemental Science and Apologia Astronomy together and it is working out great. I would not drop the Apologia but maybe change the way your son does it.

We are taking 2 weeks to do a chapter, the first week dd reads a few pages on her own and tells me something she learned, we write it on the notebook page, week 2 we do all the experiments Apologia has plus the one mentioned in ES. Then on Friday I have her read the books from ES (these are lite), she does the ES narration page on her own. We are doing the large solar system poster but different then what Apologia suggests, more like ES suggests.