Menu

Like Math on the Level, but cheaper?

Hunter

Kitchen Table Math, maybe?

:iagree: This is very similar to MOTL in that it gives you a Table of Contents of what should be taught and then ideas/games for how to teach each topic. Much more affordable. I owned both at one time and for the money thought Kitchen Table Math was better. Not that MOTL isn't a great program.

:iagree: This is very similar to MOTL in that it gives you a Table of Contents of what should be taught and then ideas/games for how to teach each topic. Much more affordable. I owned both at one time and for the money thought Kitchen Table Math was better. Not that MOTL isn't a great program.

MOTL has a sizable resource of problems to copy onto homemade worksheets? Kitchen Table provide no problems just hands on exploration? I already have my scope and sequence planned and I have some hands on and conceptual plans. I just don't have a resource to easily lift a few problems a day from. I have resources that I can DIG through to get problems, but not one that is well labeled, and DESIGNED to be used as a bank. I think MOTL is over priced to be used as bank, though.

I'd love to get kitchen table in the future though. It looks really good.

MOTL has a sizable resource of problems to copy onto homemade worksheets? Kitchen Table provide no problems just hands on exploration? I already have my scope and sequence planned and I have some hands on and conceptual plans. I just don't have a resource to easily lift a few problems a day from. I have resources that I can DIG through to get problems, but not one that is well labeled, and DESIGNED to be used as a bank. I think MOTL is over priced to be used as bank, though.

I'd love to get kitchen table in the future though. It looks really good.

I thought when you said that you wanted to create your own worksheets, you meant with guidance and were looking for a more scope and sequence kind of thing.

Do you mean you just want a pool of math problems?

In that case maybe the MM Blue series? Or even Khan Academy?

I thought when you said that you wanted to create your own worksheets, you meant with guidance and were looking for a more scope and sequence kind of thing.

Do you mean you just want a pool of math problems?

In that case maybe the MM Blue series? Or even Khan Academy?

The Math Mammoth Blue looks promising. It looks much cheaper as a pdf. Maybe I could just use it as an ebook.

Yes, I just need a simple problem bank, with well labeled stand alone units. It's when we want the simplest things that we have the most trouble finding them. :tongue_smilie:

My dream would be small text, crammed onto just a few pages, in a hardcopy, that the teacher is meant to create their own worksheets from, or write on a blackboard.

I just found a post from you on another thread. The curriculum doesn't include a motherload of practice problems? EEEK! :confused: I would have been SO upset if I had bought this! THANK YOU!

It might be an advantage to join the MOTL yahoo group. One of the files details a slick system for 5-A-Days using worksheets printed for free online.

I am signed up for the yahoo group. I'll try and find the file. Thanks for the tip.

I honestly had NO idea the curriculum didn't include a motherload of problems and expected the teacher to make up and find her own problems. That is an expensive checklist! :confused: It also seems the author has been quite busy in her real life and hasn't been as devoted to the yahoo group and support.

This curriculum is starting to remind me of the Robinson CD's. It's the method, not the content of the curriculum? The curriculum DOES give some tips that are worth the money to a family devoted to the method, but the method is usable without them?

I never have purchased Robinson, although I have always meant to. I think MOTL might end out being the same.

I just found a post from you on another thread. The curriculum doesn't include a motherload of practice problems? EEEK! :confused: I would have been SO upset if I had bought this! THANK YOU!

I do remember there were some "samples" with a few pages of ideas for practice problems but mostly you are supposed to come up with the problems. Sorry I misunderstood your original question.

I do remember there were some "samples" with a few pages of ideas for practice problems but mostly you are supposed to come up with the problems. Sorry I misunderstood your original question.

Since I had a mistaken idea of what MOTL was, of course everyone misunderstood me. :lol:

As I better understand what MOTL level is, I know I would like to own it as a resources, if it was cheaper, and if I already had some other things FIRST. As suggested I want Kitchen Table first.

I just absolutely love it, when I think I want something, and then find out I'm perfectly content not to own it after all.

I just make up my own problems with KTM. Also, there are a gajillion (roughly :tongue_smilie:) worksheet generators online. I use the Math U See one occasionally.

If you do buy MM, you can cherry pick problems, do them on a tablet as a pdf, or format and print however you want. She includes tons of worthwhile enrichments with the program as well. MM is probably the best value there is on the market.