Menu

What extras do you buy from Rainbow Resource that I may have missed

plain jane

This is my first time purchasing from RR and I want to try to get everything in one order. I'm already above the free shipping amount but will be disappointed if I miss a few things as I certainly don't have enough for two orders, kwim?

So- besides the curriculum essentials, what sorts of things do you like to splurge on from RR?

My kids are preschool and gr2.(reading at gr4/5 level). I have a few math manipulatives- balance scale, pattern blocks, base 10. I am going through the website with a fine tooth comb trying to find other items that would appeal to me. I'm not looking to spend money for the sake of spending but I would like to get things that I may need/want for this year as I don't have anywhere close by me to purchase homeschooling items.

I'm sure some of you will have excellent ideas!

History extras:

- any posters/charts you want? We like the Miliken history timelines, we love to follow the timeline along with something visual.

- how about original historical documents? They are $1.50 each, The Declaration of Independence, etc. on parchment paper (we laminated them for long term use)

- maps of battles, etc.

Science

-Cheap charts! $1.50 each I think...or other charts/posters you want

-experiments? Wild Goose has small ones for rainy days

Games? Videos?

Lately I've been getting those classical Kids cds with my orders. Last time we got Beethoven Lives Upstairs and The Best of Beethoven. Kids like them, we listen to them at lunch.

There are also those Shakespeare for Kidz dvds that I've had my eye on.

If I had the catalog in front of me, I could come up with several hundred more ideas!

It comes in 6 colors. I just purchased one of each to try out. The tape can be removed and reused. Pretty cool! I bought this to use to highlight areas in TE's that I want to resell. When you're done with the book, remove the tape, and the book looks like new. Only $1.60 per roll.

Sue

We got several science chartlets, and I really like them. Kumon workbooks are cheaper through RR, if your youngest likes those. I've noticed they have cheap pb books under library builders. Art supplies maybe? My dc like the magnetic number/hundreds board. Dover coloring books. Neat stickers.

Lately I've been getting those classical Kids cds with my orders. Last time we got Beethoven Lives Upstairs and The Best of Beethoven. Kids like them, we listen to them at lunch.

There are also those Shakespeare for Kidz dvds that I've had my eye on.

If I had the catalog in front of me, I could come up with several hundred more ideas!

Oh, I want those!

I like to order games, art supplies, and misc workbooks that I think will be fun.

Extras we've added before:

-Jim Weiss CDs

-Classical Kids CDs

-Coloring books (esp. on clothing/fashions of different time periods--I have girls)

-Paper dolls (see above)

-Watercolor paper pads--they are so much cheaper than our local stores! Get several! Other art supplies too.

-Track ruler for cuisenaire rods--great for addition

-hand writing paper

-U.S. map and World map

Check out the library builders section at the back of the catalog. And I find it much easier to go through the catalog than to navigate the website. I've been known to add Christmas or birthday presents to orders too.

We have ordered magnetic pattern blocks with every order for the past 3 years. They are a huge hit with all my kids, who have picked up untold math smarts while "building" at the fridge.

I also get spiral bound blank books and 12 color oil pastel sets. Both together cost about $3.00, and they make a nice gift.

Timers

Dover coloring books

"metallic" tempera paints (great for making realistic looking swords, shield and helmets)

It comes in 6 colors. I just purchased one of each to try out. The tape can be removed and reused. Pretty cool! I bought this to use to highlight areas in TE's that I want to resell. When you're done with the book, remove the tape, and the book looks like new. Only $1.60 per roll.

Sue

OK, I gotta get me some o'dat!

Here's the link to the highlighter tape if you're interested.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/search.php?sid=1216348435-29106&srch=w&items=highlight+tape

You can find it on page 76 of the new catalog. The description actually says it's repositionable, not reusable, but hey, what's the difference?;)

On a different note, why does spell check keep telling me that repositionable is

spelled with ible not able? I even checked dictionary. com, and it says it able.:tongue_smilie:

Sue