Menu

All this Christmas talk got me thinking!!

I have a great gift idea for DD5. She loves to make paper things and "mail" them. I thought it would be fun to get her all sorts of paper items, envelopes, etc that she could use to make all of her creations and "mail" them. But, I'd also like to include 2 small mailboxes - one for her and one for the other person. I know Target has them in the dollar bins around Valentine's Day, but that's a little late, obviously, for what I'm wanting. Has anybody seen them anywhere else? I don't want to spend much (maybe $5 each max).

Okay....what about pretend postage stamps? I know I could make them with plain stickers, or she could, but I'd like that as a last resort. I'm thinking something that maybe looks pretty realistic?

I did see one thing online where someone photocopied their real stamps and then used a sticker maker to make them into stickers, but we don't have a sticker maker.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're talking small, how about getting her the supplies to make her own mailbox from a shoebox? You could use construction paper or even plain white paper. You could help her get that background on and then give her things to decorate with. We created a bank from a large coffee tin and decorated it by putting strips of the funny paper on the can and then painting over it with a mixture of glue and water. It's held up surprisingly well. It's been used 4 years so far.

Okay....what about pretend postage stamps? I know I could make them with plain stickers, or she could, but I'd like that as a last resort. I'm thinking something that maybe looks pretty realistic?

I did see one thing online where someone photocopied their real stamps and then used a sticker maker to make them into stickers, but we don't have a sticker maker.

What about making them using those return label stickers in the office section of Walmart? And cut them either into halves or thirds if you get the longer labels.

Kristin, I've got like 100 blank postcards that already have postage on them. They're kinda old, so they need like four cents more added in postage to each one. Some very kind lady here on the board sent them to me back when we were all swapping stuff on the free thread.

I was gonna use them for my boys and my nephew to send back and forth, but now my younger sister has decided to let her narcissism flair rather dramatically with this stuff going on with my dad. So, yeah, I'm not gonna do that now. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, all that to say, would she maybe like them? she could draw all sorts of stuff on them and actually mail them to people, if you can get some penny stamps to add to them. I'd mail them to you if you want, just let me know.

Kristin, I've got like 100 blank postcards that already have postage on them. They're kinda old, so they need like four cents more added in postage to each one. Some very kind lady here on the board sent them to me back when we were all swapping stuff on the free thread.

I was gonna use them for my boys and my nephew to send back and forth, but now my younger sister has decided to let her narcissism flair rather dramatically with this stuff going on with my dad. So, yeah, I'm not gonna do that now. :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, all that to say, would she maybe like them? she could draw all sorts of stuff on them and actually mail them to people, if you can get some penny stamps to add to them. I'd mail them to you if you want, just let me know.

Oh!! She would love this if you're sure you don't have a use for them!

Oh!! She would love this if you're sure you don't have a use for them!

I really don't now. And, if you give me a few weeks to get them out to you, I'll even get some penny stamps on them for you. What a great Christmas present that'd be for her! And some stickers and a new box of crayons or something, and man, she'll be one happy girl!

I really don't now. And, if you give me a few weeks to get them out to you, I'll even get some penny stamps on them for you. What a great Christmas present that'd be for her! And some stickers and a new box of crayons or something, and man, she'll be one happy girl!

You are so wonderful! I think she will be just thrilled!! She has a good friend in CA that she'll be so excited to really mail things to!! I can't wait to put it all together. :)

You are so wonderful! I think she will be just thrilled!! She has a good friend in CA that she'll be so excited to really mail things to!! I can't wait to put it all together. :)

Sweetness. Well now, It's gonna take me a bit to get it all together for you, but I'll pm you when I get it out. And I'm sure I'll need your address, 'cause even though you've given it to me like a bazillion times, I have to keep cleaning out my pm box, and I haven't written it down on paper anywhere, LOL.

I'm so consumed with what's going on with my dad, I forgot you're expecting! Sounds like the little bean is giving you some issues, hunh?

As well you should be!! Your dad is so lucky to have you!

And goodness yes! I had nausea had enough for Zofran with all 3 of my kids, but this.....this is a whole new experience. I feel like I'm on a never ending quest to just make it the through the day.