Menu

Oxford Medieval Set

Roadrunner

I am on the phone with OUP right now and I'm being told it's not part of the sale. I got an e-mail this morning about a sale but didn't take note of the promo code before deleting it. Was that the promo code from this morning's e-mail? Because the guy is telling me it's not on sale. :(

ETA: Never mind. Found my e-mail in my deleted folder. That is the promo code from this morning. I will not give up! :lol:

I am on the phone with OUP right now and I'm being told it's not part of the sale. I got an e-mail this morning about a sale but didn't take note of the promo code before deleting it. Was that the promo code from this morning's e-mail? Because the guy is telling me it's not on sale. :(

ETA: Never mind. Found my e-mail in my deleted folder. That is the promo code from this morning. I will not give up! :lol:

See, the customer service guy I talked to confirmed it was on sale and I managed to get it for $128 total (including shipping).

Awesome!!!!!!

Now we need the Ancient set to go on sale :001_smile:

I got that one last year when it went on...uh...deep discount. :lol: Someone apparently made an error at OUP and then the Amazon computer discounted it as well because of that. It went on crazy sale. It was quite the fiasco. Anyway, it is such a good series! I only wish they would write a modern series too.

I got that one last year when it went on...uh...deep discount. :lol: Someone apparently made an error at OUP and then the Amazon computer discounted it as well because of that. It went on crazy sale. It was quite the fiasco. Anyway, it is such a good series! I only wish they would write a modern series too.

I remember. My order got cancelled by Amazon :crying:

I received the email and found the price wasn't on sale. I'm on the phone right now and told the rep that OUP honered the sale price for others on our board. HURRY AND CALL IF YOU WANT THEM!!!!

I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THEY DO.

The guy I spoke to said there were only nine sets left. I think that was before I ordered. Amazon has had them out of stock for a while. I hope they are not being discontinued.

OUP called back and said they would offer it for $174.?? and I remarked about what happened last year and asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep returned and said he had been given authorization to honor the 50% discount.:party:I don't understand why they have such problems knowing what is on sale and what has been offered. Even if they made a mistake, they should honor it if people received the email and call.

OUP called back and said they would offer it for $174.?? and I remarked about what happened last year and asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep returned and said he had been given authorization to honor the 50% discount.:party:I don't understand why they have such problems knowing what is on sale and what has been offered. Even if they made a mistake, they should honor it if people received the email and call.

Yes, I don't get why it comes up if it's not on sale...and then why you have to fight and get approval.

I got the e-mail.

I typed the code into the search box.

The book came up on the sale list, but still at regular price.

Hello! Why was it there if it's not on sale?

The guy I talked to this morning was so nice, a real pleasure. But it is slightly annoying that OUP acts like they are doing us a favor, by giving us the discount when all the links and codes took us right to that set. Argh. Clean up the web site if you don't want the books to come up on the sale list, people!

Yes, I don't get why it comes up if it's not on sale...and then why you have to fight and get approval.

I got the e-mail.

The guy I talked to this morning was so nice, a real pleasure. But it is slightly annoying that OUP acts like they are doing us a favor, by giving us the discount when all the links and codes took us right to that set. Argh. Clean up the web site if you don't want the books to come up on the sale list, people!

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

I got the e-mail.

Makes me wonder if they change their minds once they realize there is a big demand for it. I remember during last year's debacle with OUP somebody mentioned that those books periodically come up for sale for around $100. I have been diligently checking those sales for a year :001_smile:

Makes me wonder if they change their minds once they realize there is a big demand for it. I remember during last year's debacle with OUP somebody mentioned that those books periodically come up for sale for around $100. I have been diligently checking those sales for a year :001_smile:

Me too!!! You would think they would realize they could make more through volume than price!

I have been diligently checking those sales for a year :001_smile:

Me too! When he initially told me it wasn't on sale, I told him I had been stalking it for a year and was so disappointed to see it come up for sale and not be for sale. He asked me if I was a homeschooler and said he was too and was very kind. Got my number, went for permission to discount it, and called me back. Anyway, yes, I've been stalking that set for quite some time. :lol: