Menu

Wow, I never knew two of my cats were so trendy...

Thank you for sharing the hideous photos. :ack2:

I am constantly amazed by the things that some people consider to be attractive. Is it now considered trendy to look like you have a small alien creature waiting to burst out of your forehead?

Well, the last line of the article says:

"On its (thankfully) short-term effects, Keroppy joked: 'We enjoy being freaks for the night!'"

So, I think it's not so much to be attractive as different. Mission accomplished, imo. I don't really find it gross, just funny, I think because my cats get saline lumps, but I never considered that it would be used for body modification for fun. It's relatively harmless, I suppose (but I'm not a medical person so I don't know for sure), but I still wouldn't want a big needle to the forehead. :tongue_smilie: Seems like relatively harmless, but bizarre, fun, imo (depending on how you define 'fun' of course)....;)

Well, the last line of the article says:

"On its (thankfully) short-term effects, Keroppy joked: 'We enjoy being freaks for the night!'"

So, I think it's not so much to be attractive as different. Mission accomplished, imo. I don't really find it gross, just funny, I think because my cats get saline lumps, but I never considered that it would be used for body modification for fun. It's relatively harmless, I suppose (but I'm not a medical person so I don't know for sure), but I still wouldn't want a big needle to the forehead. :tongue_smilie: Seems like relatively harmless, but bizarre, fun, imo (depending on how you define 'fun' of course)....;)

Thankfully it's only a short term thing, but even if the results were attractive, I would worry about things like infection, some kind of weird allergic reaction, or having the needle stuck into a nerve or something and doing some real damage. It just seems like such a bad idea on so many levels.

And it's hideous. I'll bet a lot of people think they're contagious.

I hope you remembered to take pictures. Memories like that don't come along every day, you know.

Darn it!!! I didn't know everyone would copy my I'm-allergic-to-mosquito-bites look. Man, I could have made so much money off of that. Next time I get a massive period pimple, I'm totally gonna patent that sweet look.

Darn it!!! I didn't know everyone would copy my I'm-allergic-to-mosquito-bites look. Man, I could have made so much money off of that. Next time I get a massive period pimple, I'm totally gonna patent that sweet look.

See to it that you do. I want to be able to tell people I knew you before you were famous.

Meh. It only lasts 16-24 hours. IMO, that's better than a permanently forked tongue, pointy ears, or carving/scarification.

:iagree:

Hey, overall it's probably less invasive &/or dangerous than coloring your hair (which is more permanent than this). I'm sure that not-so-good-for-you chemicals from hair color leech into your body through your scalp (& the process is often repeated at about 6-10 week intervals) vs. relatively-harmless (& maybe even helpful) saline solution done once or twice a year.

My view: Relatively harmless, but on the odd side.

As far as the bagel look on my kitties.... Well, they're not thrilled to be getting IVs in the first place. If I messed around more trying to achieve the trendy look, I might be mauled & end up w/ a worse & more permanent look than bagel head myself.... :tongue_smilie::lol: No thanks.

:lol: But, now that we're talking Star Trek, I'm thinking it's really more of a Ferengi look....

You're right -- that's definitely Ferengi! They just need to add the ears. And jank up their teeth. And, uh, strip off the clothing for females.

Egads, who wants to make their self look like a Ferengi? Sort of sums up what's wrong with the entire concept, doesn't it?

Edited by Susan Wise Bauer
Photos removed