Menu

Math "work text" that teaches and is a workbook...

Lovedtodeath

I had tried Math Mammoth because of the "work text" appeal.

We had been doing Teaching Textbooks without the workbook for half of the level. We have only had the workbook recently and WOW!!! It is a work text! I am just so deliriously happy with Teaching Textbooks now. We can do the entire math lesson without the computer if we so choose, but still have the CDs for extra motivation or help.

So impressed!

What was really interesting is when I saw tt at a conference the representative kept saying how integral the cds are to the program. I was hesitant to get them but did then purchased an external cd drive for my computer that doesn't have one. All that and we don't really use them! I find it's quicker and easier to explain the lesson out of the book and let her work there. We tried just using the cds but the material didn't seem to sink in. The cds are exactly the same material as the workbook but the explanations are read out loud and there is an option to get an animated hint on a problem. Oh well, homeschool and learn I guess.

I wonder if the cds are more important in the higher levels, we're just using tt3 now.

What was really interesting is when I saw tt at a conference the representative kept saying how integral the cds are to the program. I was hesitant to get them but did then purchased an external cd drive for my computer that doesn't have one. All that and we don't really use them! I find it's quicker and easier to explain the lesson out of the book and let her work there. We tried just using the cds but the material didn't seem to sink in. The cds are exactly the same material as the workbook but the explanations are read out loud and there is an option to get an animated hint on a problem. Oh well, homeschool and learn I guess.

I wonder if the cds are more important in the higher levels, we're just using tt3 now.

We are using 4 and when she uses the CDs it helps because she can click on "see explanation" when she gets it wrong. When we don't use the CDs to do the lesson I either have to teach her after grading her work, or point her to those problems on the CD. I guess it depends on your child's math ability level and doing math consistently so they don't forget things over a long break. (I was very sick and she has forgotten almost everything! yikes!)