Menu

FLL and WWE - should I use them together?

Emilyanne

I'm using First Language Lessons with my second grader and really liking it. My question is: should I also be doing Writing With Ease? It seems to me that the narration parts overlap, and we would end up doing an awful lot of it (especially since we also narrate SOTW history!) That said, I like the dictation aspect and I do want to make sure that he is writing!

Thoughts? What have you found works best?

Thank you,

Emily

If you are not doing another writing program, then yes you should add WWE. FLL does not have narration/dictation/copywork everyday like you would get in WWE. We do like many others and skip the parts from FLL that overlap. If we were using another writing program besides WWE we would be more likely to use FLL as is.

We use them together. There are alot of things that give them GREAT review and IMO give them a great solid understanding. Once you hit FLL3 there isn't much oral that's done as they get their own workbook. We do all the lessons and excersizes in FLL after 2nd level. When we were doing FLL1&2 it was 99% oral, occasionally I would have them do the copywork, but because they were doing WWE1 it wasn't something I thought was needed.

My dd7 uses WWE2 & FLL3

My dd9 uses WWE3 & FLL4