Menu

I don't have a good feeling about this

I got a positive on a pregnancy test this weekend. Today my left side has been very tender. I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow, but I just can't shake the feeling that this is another ectopic. I had one last September and lost my right tube. I'm only at 5w right now, I was at 10w when my tube ruptured. I have no other symptoms just the tenderness. A little part of me is hoping, but the rest of me is just trying to detach from the whole situation.

Could use some prayers. This would be my fourth loss and I'm terrified of losing my only remaining tube.

Oh, gosh. I know how scary it is having been through three losses in a row myself! I really hope you get great news! Will they start monitoring your hcg levels right away? If they double normally that should be a sign it's not ectopic but if it rises slowly and doesn't increase enough, that could be ectopic and a good way to try to determine that while it's still too early to see much on ultrasound but early enough that it hopefully doesn't affect your tube! Thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck! :grouphug:

Oh, gosh. I know how scary it is having been through three losses in a row myself! I really hope you get great news! Will they start monitoring your hcg levels right away? If they double normally that should be a sign it's not ectopic but if it rises slowly and doesn't increase enough, that could be ectopic and a good way to try to determine that while it's still too early to see much on ultrasound but early enough that it hopefully doesn't affect your tube! Thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck! :grouphug:

Nance, I've been rooting for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our journey has been eerily similar, I'm afraid.

I just got the positive this week and played phone tag with my OB yesterday and today. I was not feeling any tenderness until today, this afternoon actually. I was trying to get them to order labs for me because I am self pay I go to MDLabs.com and order them myself. They would not tell me what they need until I do an office visit though. Like, they don't know what labs they will need. GRR!

Thanks everyone. I really want to be wrong.

Remember that virtually all of us have that feeling, worry, and thought with every.single.pregnancy. The losses are so hard that you can't keep from thinking that at times so your fears are very normal. You will have the same worries even when everything turns out great so try to just feel at peace and enjoy your new little one at this point.

I live in constant fear of losing my remaining tube. Every twinge, every bit of soreness makes me panic. It's always been the cyst left from ovulation but still...it's unnerving to say the least. Ectopic pregnancies never really get left behind, unfortunately. Hoping things go well for you this time. :grouphug:

Nance, I've been rooting for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our journey has been eerily similar, I'm afraid.

I just got the positive this week and played phone tag with my OB yesterday and today. I was not feeling any tenderness until today, this afternoon actually. I was trying to get them to order labs for me because I am self pay I go to MDLabs.com and order them myself. They would not tell me what they need until I do an office visit though. Like, they don't know what labs they will need. GRR!

Thanks everyone. I really want to be wrong.

Ugh, how frustrating. For someone with a history of ectopics and/or losses and someone with only one tube no less, you should not have to wait any amount of time to begin diagnostic testing or monitoring or have to play phone tag with your doctor!

The day I got my positive pregnancy test at 12 dpo with this last one, I called my dr office and they sent me for my first betas that morning and had me come into the office that afternoon because of my history, which at the time was one ectopic (no damage to my tubes) and one early m/c.

Do you have a set appointment yet??

No Dr. yet. They were supposed to call me Thursday. When I did not get the call I called them. He was in the hospital doing surgery. The nurse did not call Friday and they leave at 12 on Friday. I tried calling the OB who did my surgery, but she was out of the office. I am going to try my OB once more on Monday morning. If she does not schedule me to come in right then I will call the OB who did my surgery. I did not have any pain yesterday so I'm hoping I was wrong, but I NEED to be sure. I will be 6w on Sunday.

The good news is that my insurance, while I won't have it on Oct. 1, will become effective Oct 1 so whatever I pay next week I will be reimbursed. I'm trying to stay positive and I've been praying like crazy. Now I have to get through the weekend. Sigh.

Oh and our Preacher's wife is having her baby shower today. This is their first biological child after many, many years of trying and I'm so excited for them. I'm actually looking forward to the baby shower, but I KNOW the whole time I'm going to be praying that I get to celebrate a baby next year! Plus hormones have kicked in big time and I get teary eyed when I see babies and baby stuff. Yeah. Baby shower is going to be great. LOL

:grouphug: We'll be thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

OB called back this morning. Labwork today and Wed. and then an office visit. Good news though, I got an approval letter for my insurance this weekend. It has an effective date of Oct. 1 :D, but it won't pay for anything until I get my premium in. We are sending that check off today!