Jump to content


Where to get Testing?


Recommended Posts

An audiologist. I think a public school has a speech pathologist, which might be helpful for therapy, but not for a diagnosis.


My information is, however, based on my recollection of when my sister was studying to be a speech pathologist. She switched majors later. So I’m bumping for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An audiologist tests for auditory processing disorder, but not all audiologists will do it, so you might need to call around.


My son's speech therapist and OT first suggested that we have him evaluated for APD, so we contacted our pediatrician who gave us a referral to an audiology clinic. That clinic didn't do APD evaluations anymore, but they were able to refer us to someone who could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...