Menu

Book-It Goals

MrsBanjoClown

What goals do you set for your kids participating in the Book-It program? I don't want to set a goal that is too difficult, but I don't want it to be too easy either. Ds7 is in 2nd grade and reading at a 3rd to 4th grade level (currently reading Stuart Little). Ds5 is in Kindy reading at a 1st to 2nd grade level(beginning to read Magic Tree House books).

This is the first month we're doing it, so I reserve the right to change my plans. But, currently our goal is reading everyday without complaint. It was mostly set for my son since he was complaining about reading daily.

My oldest is also reading Stuart Little while the 4yo is reading Seuss books.

I think I will do a certain amount of time.

My dd9 will have 1 hour of extra reading a day (doesn't include school reading), but she reads all. the. time. anyway. :001_smile:

DS8 is a struggling reader, so if I require 20 min. a day, that will be plenty for him.

DD6 will probably also get 20 min. She is also just starting the Magic Tree House books, and I think will end up being like her sister.

What I'm not sure about yet, is if this should be 5 days a week, or say, 20 days a month before they get their ticket, or what. Still unsure on that. Guess I should make up my mind seeing as it's almost October.

My main goal is to make daily reading a habit. It definitely is with my oldest, but we have a ways to go with the other two. I will let them pick out what they want to read for this time, as well.