Menu

Let's file this under.....

We could go on and on with "what if's". It is entirely possible the doctor's intentions were innocent. In fact it almost sounds like the poor doctor was so naive that he had no clue his actions would be percieved as creepy. Perhaps he normally would place the tattoo next to the incision. But the patient would not see the incision or the tattoo on her back. So maybe the doctor decided to place it in the next closest spot, which could have been the patient's hip. This is still below the panty line, and definitely a lapse in judgement, but not harmful or criminal.

I also have a hard time believing that a doctor who had just assulted an unconscious woman would advertise his crime.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could go on and on with "what if's". It is entirely possible the doctor's intentions were innocent. In fact it almost sounds like the poor doctor was so naive that he had no clue his actions would be percieved as creepy. Perhaps he normally would place the tattoo next to the incision. But the patient would not see the incision or the tattoo on her back. So maybe the doctor decided to place it in the next closest spot, which could have been the patient's hip. This is still below the panty line, and definitely a lapse in judgement, but not harmful or criminal.

I also have a hard time believing that a doctor who had just assulted an unconscious woman would advertise his crime.

we are presuming he isn't an idiot or just have a supreme ego? I don't know that we should presume that.

and next to the incision? OUCH! those things are hard to scrub off. I wouldn't to have to scrub near an incision.

Don't get me wrong ladies, I'm completely willing to admit the dr might just have supremely stupid judgement.

I'm completely willing to admit we don't know the entire story.

My point is that with what we DO know, it doesn't look good for doc and I think she has a valid case.

Maybe not a ground breaking multimillion dollar case, but still a valid case, imho.

Actually, more your neck. I think it was Virtua Mt. Holly.

Are you sure it wasn't Burdeath Tomlin?

I've always said that if anything ever happens to me when we're visiting dh's relatives, just keep on heading up the Parkway, but don't take me there!!

Martha,

I have enjoyed this discussion very much! I think I understand where you are coming from, though I don't agree. I'm firmly in the no lawsuit, professional repurcussion camp. I respect that you feel differently and truly appreciate all the food for thought.

Great discussion! Thanks for all the time and thought you put into it.

Thanks to everyone! I thought this was great and I got what I wanted, which was for some of the board doctors to some out and bat the issue back and forth.

I feel like the doctor had an odd way of trying to encourage his patients, but I really don't think he violated the patient. I do believe that someone at the hospital or at his practice should probably come along and say "Dude, that is so not cool. Some people don't like that sort of thing." and perhaps if he was not receptive to this some disciplinary action would be in order. But I don't think a lawsuit is the way to go here.

But I sure did enjoy everyone's point of view on this!

Okay, now someone find a good news story for us to chew on today!!!