Menu

We're back home from ER's scholarshiip interview...

He was interviewed by a panel of 4 professors, and he felt that it went really well. He said that one of the first questions they asked him was about why we homeschool; one man asked what ER's response would be if someone suggested that homeschooled students are "sheltered". ER spoke up and explained that one of the reasons we chose to homeschool is that we wanted to instill positive Christian values in our children before sending them out into the world. Then the professor who asked the question smiled and said that his own children have been homeschooled for the past 10 years, and that he was "just testing" to see what ER's response would be. : )

ER said that one thing in particular that seemed to impress the panel was on the Honors & Awards part of his transcript where I listed ER's having won an Outstanding Achievement Ribbon and a Certificate for his score on the National Latin Exam. One member of the panel was a classical languages professor.

The interview went on for about 20-30 minutes, and ER said it went smoothly. Scholarship winners will be announced by February 22. Thanks to all who prayed for us!

The boys I saw wore either:

1) dress pants, a dress shirt, and a tie

2) khakis/chinos (neatly pressed), a dress shirt with a tie, and a navy sportcoat

Most, including ER, went with option #2. Doesn't he look handsome?? ;)

Girls wore either:

1) black skirt (knee-length or longer), simple blouse, and jacket

2) dress pants (usually black), simple blouse, and jacket or vest

Most went with option #2, but IMO they looked underdressed. I would have insisted that my dd wear a skirt.

Glad that this part is past? Or do you have more to go to?

Yes, I am SO glad that this part is past! I'm not sure if we're finished though. We have no other interviews scheduled right now, either at this college or the other one to which he's been accepted. If he doesn't get one of the full ride or full tuition scholarships as a result of this interview, though, the college offers departmental scholarships, and he would have to interview for one of those.