Menu

What do you say we start a "grass-roots" political movement...

... putting "social pressure" on national and local political candidates to complete (and pass with a 'B' average) a basic Jr. High course in Logic? Maybe we could attend political rallies and local city counsel meetings with signs to hold up at appropriate times; statements like "Red Herring!", "Straw Man!", "Appeal to the Masses!", or "A cannot equal A and -A simultaneously!"

I don't mean to demean their intelligence - some candidates have been highly educated, but many seem to have lost all sense of logic. Might make the nation as a whole pay more attention, too.

What do you think?

It's not the candidates that need it- it's the general voting population.

My dd will be at the first meeting to make signs:)

:iagree: The candidates are very slick - they are betting the general public doesn't have logic skills so they can get away with all their doubletalk.

... putting "social pressure" on national and local political candidates to complete (and pass with a 'B' average) a basic Jr. High course in Logic?

What do you think?

...but we'd not have political representation! What's next? A group of rebel homeschool moms taking over the Capitol?:001_smile:

But, I'd have to go along with the recommendation for the class to be for the general voting population.

I think it should be offered when you register to vote.

That's a good point - people have to care enough (and pay enough attention) to insist upon it from their leaders. Maybe we could hand out "quick-learn" logic study pamphlets for people to read while they're in voting lines. Or hand them out at rallies. How about stickers and posters that say "BE MORE LOGICAL!"

(now that reminds me of the scene from The Simpsons where Homer is yelling "stupid TV, be more funny!")