Menu

Lost 9 rep points

Edited again to say, I just lost 6 more.

Edited to add: ***** Please don't rep me... I've got 8 pity points back... ******** I'm still interested in why this happened though. :)

I lost 9 rep points overnight... what might have happened? There are no threads that have been pulled (at least that I'm aware of) since yesterday night.

When you get a negative rep, does it show up on that screen?
Yes, it does. There's been no no rep since yesterday evening.

Besides... I hope I wouldn't annoy THAT many people. :) :)

I lost 8, and so did Myrtle. No negative rep showing at all, just points down. That's not the amount I recieved yesterday, either.

Weird.

It is weird. On the one hand, I try not to dwell too much on rep... but on the other, that was nine points! Hypocritical, I know. :)

When boards archive old posts your post count will go down and I imagine in this case you'd lose any rep you acquired on those posts.
I'm not sure... a political thread I participated in about a month ago was deleted, and the rep points were unaffected even though the post count went down.

Have any posts been archived? I'd think the PTB would have mentioned it.

I'm not sure... a political thread I participated in about a month ago was deleted, and the rep points were unaffected even though the post count went down.

Have any posts been archived? I'd think the PTB would have mentioned it.

Actually, TPTB did delete that one super-long thread and some others because they were causing the boards to run slowly.

Actually, TPTB did delete that one super-long thread and some others because they were causing the boards to run slowly.
I only had 3 or 4 points from that one (too busy for my slow fingers), and they were intact after it was deleted. Weirdness...

This is just a guess, so get out your salt shaker and grab some grains--:w00t:

Were you maybe repped by some people who lost their post count when that extra large thread was deleated? And when their post count went down, any reps they gave you earlier lost some point power?

Were you maybe repped by some people who lost their post count when that extra large thread was deleated? And when their post count went down, any reps they gave you earlier lost some point power?

That is also a possibility if they posted a ton in that thread. Good call.

That might be it. I wonder why it didn't come off all at once though...

That could be it, as I lost 6 more today. That wouldn't be right, though, would it? Wouldn't it all come off at once if it were automatic? How would the rep points be retroactive?

They were already there, and didn't disappear when the post was taken down (which would be the time some poster's post counts went down).

I haven't found that to be the case for me. I don't think the rep is retroactive. For example, if someone reps you when they're worth 3 points, you don't get more credit when they become worth 4 unless they rep you again. Therefore, I can't imagine the opposite would be true.

Trying to figure it out, guys...believe it or not, sometimes we don't completely understand this software either.
Thanks for the response/acknowledgment... it could save us days of inventing conspiracy theories. :)