Menu

Singapore CWP-5: How many chapters/lessons

knit247

Could someone tell me how many chapters or lessons there are in CWP-5? I need to plan but do not have the book yet. I looked on the SM and Amazon sites, hoping for a TOC, but no luck. TIA if you can help!

ETA: I would also like to know the weeks scheduled in the HIG for 5B, 6A, and 6B. 5A has 16 weeks, but the HIGs seem to vary up to 18 weeks. Thanks again.

Edited by knit247

CWP is not broken into lessons, but there are 13 units in CWP5, then a mixed review following that. Each unit will have a set of regular problems and a set of challenging problems.

To see the table of contents, go to Singapore Math and select the CWP book, then select the "contents_samples" tab. Here's a direct link to CWP5:

http://www.singaporemath.com/Challenging_Word_Prob_for_Primary_Mathematics_5_p/pmcwp5.htm

HIG 5B has 18 weeks, though I don't use the tests and EP books, so when I put it in HST+, it ended up with 80 lessons (16 weeks), and then I added 3 more days for the 5B placement test. Of course, reviews often take more than one day here (those reviews are sometimes 8 pages!), so that stretches it out. I don't schedule things out that far ahead of time. I take it week by week. I learned a long time ago not to schedule math too far out - it always changes! :D

CWP is not broken into lessons, but there are 13 units in CWP5, then a mixed review following that. Each unit will have a set of regular problems and a set of challenging problems.

To see the table of contents, go to Singapore Math and select the CWP book, then select the "contents_samples" tab. Here's a direct link to CWP5:

http://www.singaporemath.com/Challenging_Word_Prob_for_Primary_Mathematics_5_p/pmcwp5.htm

HIG 5B has 18 weeks, though I don't use the tests and EP books, so when I put it in HST+, it ended up with 80 lessons (16 weeks), and then I added 3 more days for the 5B placement test. Of course, reviews often take more than one day here (those reviews are sometimes 8 pages!), so that stretches it out. I don't schedule things out that far ahead of time. I take it week by week. I learned a long time ago not to schedule math too far out - it always changes! :D

TY so much! I went to the SM site, but looked in the Shop section :tongue_smilie: I usually have the girls take two days for each unit: one for the practice and another for the challenging problems, so I'll count it as 26 lessons (same as CWP 4 - maybe they are all the same). Thanks also for the HIG info.

I tend to plan math no more than two weeks at a time, but we are "behind" from last year so I am trying to get a general idea of what we should cover in 36 weeks. I also built in another 4 weeks for "catch-up" work which should help this year!

Take care!