Menu

This is just too stressful :( Miscarriage related, prob tmi.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry :grouphug:. With my second m/c I really thought I was going to pass out from the amount of blood loss, but I went to bed and was okay the next morning. Like pp, my doctor told me SOAKING a pad every 30 minutes needed to be seen at the ER or his office. I hope you will get answers from your testing.

Nance-- This happened to me too with the last miscarriage and I had the d and c. I think you are OK with the one hour but if it has not slowed by morning call and ask advice. If you are worried call now and ask--this is your drs job.

This went on for me for several days, eventually a drug was prescribed that worked but was dreadful while taking it-- it was several years ago and I remember thinking it was worse than the problem.

I am so sorry you are going through this.:grouphug:

Called dr- she didn't seem too concerned. Said my endometrial lining was about twice the thickness of that during a normal period and there is stuff to shed and that it will get better but for now she seemed to think this was normal and just said to call again if it gets worse. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Called dr- she didn't seem too concerned. Said my endometrial lining was about twice the thickness of that during a normal period and there is stuff to shed and that it will get better but for now she seemed to think this was normal and just said to call again if it gets worse. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks, everyone. Oh, my, was yesterday an emotional roller coaster. I went through it all. Feeling more "relieved" than anything else that it was over, feeling mad that this happened to me again, to a complete breakdown where I just sobbed and sobbed for what I think was the hardest, longest, cry I've ever had in my life, feeling completely sorry for myself that in December it will be two years since I talked my husband into trying for one more, and all I have to show for it is three dead babies.

But I took a painkiller hoping it would help with the crampiness and help me sleep, went to bed, and when I got up once in the middle of the night and again around 7:30 AM to use the bathroom, I could tell that it is slowing down significantly, so, that's good.

I had made plans a long time ago to go out with friends tomorrow night. Maybe I'll even still be able to do it. We'll see.

ETA: Never mind, apparently I spoke too soon. I guess it slowed down while I was sleeping but now that I'm up and moving about it's just getting worse again with more huge clots etc. I hope this doesn't go on too long. It's pretty gross. :P

Edited by NanceXToo

:grouphug: I'm so sorry, Nance. From a "husband who's been there" point of view, my hubby would gently tell you to let your husband do whatever he can to help you feel better mentally and physically. Guys feel so helpless during this time! Miscarriages are something they can't "fix".

If DH asks you what you need, tell him to bring you a funny movie, or chocolate, or another favorite snack. Let him pamper you for the next few days.

Nance :grouphug::grouphug: and more :grouphug:

1st: [warning tmi] Pretty gross, but you will know if you need to go in, mainly b/c you cannot stand up from the toilet have to flush while still sitting. [ask me how I know :glare:]

[fyi the reason for hemorrhaging is due to the baby getting stuck, as it were, and the body sending more and more blood to force it out.]

2nd: :iagree: with the pp who told you to let dh pamper you.

3rd: Seriously, this just sucks! I know, and I know that desperate pain one has when they are trying for another child and lose one after another, and so on. Feel free to pm or call me if you need. [pm me and I will give you my #]

4th: If your insurance will pay [and most will if they bill it right] you should be able to at least go for an R.E. consult. I'd recommend it. You may not get any answers [again, ask me how I know] or worse, be told you are just incredibly unlucky :glare:. However, it may be something a lot more simple and dealable. KWIM?

5th: I wouldn't wish the pain of recurrent pregnancy loss on my worst enemy. It is deep, personal, ambiguous, etc. No one can tell you when you are done grieving. Emotions [crazy ones trust me] will come and go when others around you seemingly have little to no problems having kids. Due dates are terribly rough for some, but other things, things you never would have thought may trigger intense emotional responses in you. Know that and forgive yourself for the feelings.

I'm just so so so sorry. I wish I had some magical pill or words or potion that will make you feel better. I don't.

:grouphug: again.

Thank you all, and Pam for sharing all that.

Today has been pretty rough, physically. I thought there had been a huge improvement in the middle of the night and this morning but it just got progressively heavier as the day went on until it was at least as heavy as it was all of yesterday. TMI again- the clots became very frequent again and even bigger than yesterday's. So much so that I called my dr again to ask if all this is normal, and they again said it was.

I've been laying in bed almost all day long. The cramps got worse. I took two painkillers, put a hot water bottle by my stomach, and slept on and off all afternoon. Every time I sit or stand up there's another gush. It is SO NOT FUN!!

I hope tomorrow is better. I'm so glad my 11 y/o is such a big help. She's bringing me hot water bottles, lunch, drinks, kept an eye on her brother for me for quite a while (then my mom came and took him for a couple hours).

I didn't expect there to be so much clotting and cramping after the fact. I had almost no cramping before and during the actual m/c.

Thank you all, and Pam for sharing all that.

Today has been pretty rough, physically. I thought there had been a huge improvement in the middle of the night and this morning but it just got progressively heavier as the day went on until it was at least as heavy as it was all of yesterday. TMI again- the clots became very frequent again and even bigger than yesterday's. So much so that I called my dr again to ask if all this is normal, and they again said it was.

I've been laying in bed almost all day long. The cramps got worse. I took two painkillers, put a hot water bottle by my stomach, and slept on and off all afternoon. Every time I sit or stand up there's another gush. It is SO NOT FUN!!

I hope tomorrow is better. I'm so glad my 11 y/o is such a big help. She's bringing me hot water bottles, lunch, drinks, kept an eye on her brother for me for quite a while (then my mom came and took him for a couple hours).

I didn't expect there to be so much clotting and cramping after the fact. I had almost no cramping before and during the actual m/c.

:grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry, Nance. You are right, SO not fun. :(

I was about 10 weeks when I had my m/c and I was surprised how much the whole thing was like labor/birth. I had contractions, intense back pain, everything like when I had my other kids. It lasted a good part of the day. I guess I was just expecting a heavy period. So I know what you are going through and how heartbreaking it is. I'm so sorry. Take care of you. And let others do it, too. Wish we were all there to help. :grouphug:

I wish I lived a little closer. I'd drop a basket of stuff off for you...healthy or unhealthy food of your choice, a bottle of whatever you like to drink, and a movie. I know it wouldn't make it easier, but I wish there was some way we could make a small gesture to let you know you are in our thoughts.

I'm so sorry :grouphug:

I wish I lived a little closer. I'd drop a basket of stuff off for you...healthy or unhealthy food of your choice, a bottle of whatever you like to drink, and a movie. I know it wouldn't make it easier, but I wish there was some way we could make a small gesture to let you know you are in our thoughts.

I'm so sorry :grouphug:

Aw thank you. The cramping seems to have stopped and things seem to be slowing down again. Not sure if that means the worst is over or if it's only because I stayed in bed all day and moving about would make it worse again, but I'll see how things are in the morning.

My mom took my son for a couple of hours, picked up my older daughter from school after her volleyball practice, went to the library for me, and took my younger daughter to her first play rehearsal this evening. And dropped her off along with KFC for dinner! Huge help!

She also told dh he could drop my son off at her house on his way to work tomorrow and she'd watch him for a few hours again. I hope things are much better tomorrow physically. The emotional aspect sort of comes and goes with me feeling fine one minute and crying the next. I guess that's how that will be for a while! Just glad I have some support at home and here on the boards, because, really, in a situation like this, the more support the better!

I was in the same boat that you are in now a couple of years ago. I had 3 miscarriages in a row and then the fourth time around we conceived our now18 month old. And five months after that we conceived my now 4 month old. Don't give up hope. Just try to be patient and believe that it will happen. I know it's hard but hope is an amazing thing! I hope that all is well with you now. I will pray for you and your family.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry you're dealing with this again. In your shoes, I think I would definitely consider asking for a D&C, especially if they want to do genetic testing. Or you could ask for a 'hat'--they type they put under toilet seats to catch urine specimens.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Sorry. I've been where you are now. I'm praying for you.