Menu

This is just too stressful :( Miscarriage related, prob tmi.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. When I had my first miscarriage, I did have a D&C and honestly, it helped me tremendously. For me, knowing that the baby had died and was still in my body really wreaked havoc on my brain. I am just so, so sorry for your loss.

This is exactly how I felt as well. :grouphug: So sorry. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Nance. :grouphug: You've been through so much...

I am so sorry. When I had my first miscarriage, I did have a D&C and honestly, it helped me tremendously. For me, knowing that the baby had died and was still in my body really wreaked havoc on my brain. I am just so, so sorry for your loss.

This was my experience also. I've had 2 D&C's. Physically, they were the right thing for me. Recovery was quick. The biggest thing for me, emotionally, was having peace that the baby had passed. My doctors were very sensitive to my needs concerning confirmation and timing. Nothing can take away the grief and heartache, though.

Misoprostol is an option for those wanting to get the waiting over but not have a D&C. That is what I did for one of my miscarriages and I vastly preferred that to the D&C I had previously had for a missed miscarriage. It was comforting to be at home with my husband and not at the hospital but it was nice to know it would be happening that day. I am very, very sorry for your loss. It's such a hard thing to go though.

I did the D & C thing 3 times myself...couldn't stand knowing my dear baby who was dead, was still inside of me....I needed to get on with my life...and that was the only way I could do it. Hope you find out something from your doctor today.

Sorry that you are going through this....it truly is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!