Menu

"Big" hair days?

Guest amwalsh319

Guest amwalsh319

We were all reminiscing about our big 80s hair today at work. It was fun with everyone gesticulating about how wide/tall their hair used to be. A LOT of hairspray back in those days. It seemed like everyone had a good "big hair" story. I remember a guy we met in a club in the late 80s and said he could tell which brand hairspray we used just by smelling. Sounds pervy, but he got all 5 of us right. (3 of us were Aqua Net, no surprise there...). two of us knew of a girl whose hair caught on fire from all the hairspray. I remember everyone (teachers included) wanting to touch my hair. It was impressive because it wouldn't move, even in a tornado. Plus my bangs were about 6" high...

Man, those were fun times! Anyone else have a "big hair" story?

post-60035-13535087576131_thumb.jpg

I was a teen in the 80's and I was one of the few who did not have big hair. My hair is long and very thick and I have LOTS of it. I never would even think about making my hair look bigger than normal. I guess I just don't have it in me to be fashionable.:001_smile:

Heh. Same here. I had bushy, unruly Hermione hair. Bigger was definitely not my goal.

My best friend in high school, though, had some impressively tall, Aqua Net aided bangs. The style was known as Carport Bangs (because they covered the forehead much like an awning).

I was in college in Chicago in the early-mid 80;s and no big hair there. Then dh joined the military and yes, I met big haired women- they all seemed to be from Texas:lol:

:lol: I had waterfall bangs - or a giant wave. Our family pics are just horrendous from the middle school years. Fortunately I had to have my hair long to pull it back for ballet and the big hair was short-lived. By highschool I was finished with that style.

My cousin went to school a few towns over from me. Whenever I'd meet someone from her school, I'd ask if they knew her. They'd always ask, "What does she look like?" "She's blond, really short, and her bangs go straight up like this," and I'd show them. Cousin's bangs were a good 6" tall at least. Immediately, and this is EVERY time I met someone from their school of 700+ kids, I'd get, "OHHHH! The girl with the big hair!" It's sad that in the early 90s in a school of over 700 people, my cousin was known as THE girl with the big hair :lol: