Menu

"Team Whitney" - Prom Prank turned tables

The people of this place are truly beautiful to support Whitney. What an amazing story.

West Branch is gorgeous country. Let's hope for a wonderful night for the community there.

Heartbreaking start turned into a blessing for all.

Whitney Kropp, a free spirit with few friends, was named to the homecoming court as a joke by her classmates, but the tiny farm town of West Branch has rallied around her.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120924/METRO/209240341#ixzz27Q8eFa47

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120924/METRO/209240341?fb_comment_id=fbc_532397070110548_6919651_532705266746395#f25f1faf38

The people of this place are truly beautiful to support Whitney. What an amazing story.

West Branch is gorgeous country. Let's hope for a wonderful night for the community there.

Heartbreaking start turned into a blessing for all.

Whitney Kropp, a free spirit with few friends, was named to the homecoming court as a joke by her classmates, but the tiny farm town of West Branch has rallied around her.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120924/METRO/209240341#ixzz27Q8eFa47

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120924/METRO/209240341?fb_comment_id=fbc_532397070110548_6919651_532705266746395#f25f1faf38

That's awesome! I hope she wins and those stupid kids are embarrassed.

I remember sitting in the gym as nominations were taken, my name was mentioned, and the teacher didn't even bother to write it down. As an awkward, 2e kid, the only thing I wanted was to get OUT of high school-and I did, as soon as I could possibly escape to college classes.

Go, team Whitney-and if I lived there, I'd brave my first football game in years to go cheer her on!

Wow...how terrible for Whitney! I'm so glad people are rallying around her!

Good things are happening out there, too...ds15's high school just crowned their homecoming queen and she is a special needs student with down syndrome. It is pretty amazing to watch how supportive and kind some teens can be!

Good things are happening out there, too...ds15's high school just crowned their homecoming queen and she is a special needs student with down syndrome. It is pretty amazing to watch how supportive and kind some teens can be!

Thanks for sharing that. Hearing about the good things helps me keep perspective.

Glad to hear it... My mom friends ofpublic schoolers tell me some horrible, toe-curling stuff.

A dear girl in our youth group had this happen to her. The results were different for her. BUT--She ended up making it part of her testimony on Youth Sunday years later. Hearing her give that Sunday's sermon was amazing--strong, able to overcome such heart wrenching bullying--it was truly an example of God redeeming something horrible.

I hope each and every one of those kids understand the depth of what they did, and that they are darned lucky Whitney is such a strong young woman. Shame on them.