Menu

I got snap circuits for my son....

BugsMama

and my husband has not stopped playing with it long enough to let the kid have a go at it. He even took the set into the bedroom. I don't think Bug will get his hands on it any time soon.

This is a military man who uses far cooler stuff than this daily.... and is still going on two hours of snap circuits "play time"

I was sure I was going to hear "Just one more before bed!" from someone, but who would have thought it would be from hubby!

and my husband has not stopped playing with it long enough to let the kid have a go at it. He even took the set into the bedroom. I don't think Bug will get his hands on it any time soon.

This is a military man who uses far cooler stuff than this daily.... and is still going on two hours of snap circuits "play time"

I was sure I was going to hear "Just one more before bed!" from someone, but who would have thought it would be from hubby!

Get him his own set!

Now boys, you have to share! :lol:

(I have to say, it is one cool 'toy.' I'm completely unengineerish and bought a set for my then-6yo dd. Couldn't resist.)

Had a lot of fun at a recent attempt at a LEGO league class I'd signed 7yo up for at a co-op. When we joined the 5 boys ages 7-10 crowded around the table and small collection of LEGOs, one of them said, "You're in the LEGO class?"

I let it slide, but since there were so few LEGOs and no real class leadership, I said to DD in their hearing, "We should bring your Snapcircuits electronics kit next week and we can all put something together."

Another boy pipes up, "YOU have an electronics set?!":confused:

I didn't have to say anything, because DD with 'tude and emphasis replies, "yes, I do!" :lol:

Bwah-ha-ha. It's scary how early gender discrimination begins, but then I realized she might as well start learning how to handle it now if she's going to be the prettiest student in her class at MIT.;)

Bwah-ha-ha. It's scary how early gender discrimination begins, but then I realized she might as well start learning how to handle it now if she's going to be the prettiest student in her class at MIT.;)

Let your daughter dismantle a old VCR, cassette recorder and other electronics. Also a soldering kit, breadbox and an Arduino if she is interested. I repaired plenty of my parents electronics gadgets as a kid.