Menu

Job Interview- prayers & good thoughts, please

DH has a phone interview tomorrow evening (8pm est) for an overseas job. :hurray:

We have been trying to get overseas for *years* and are very excited about this possibility.

Prayers would be appreciated! :)

Kind thoughts and well wishes are also welcome. :D

Awesome! I hope he gets it!

Please report back. Praying he wows them.

The interview was last night. Dh feels it went well, but it is hard to tell with telephone interviews.

They were making the decision within a couple of hours and sending paperwork up for approval.

We should know within a week.

Please pray for us. We both want this job/move. :)

Thanks, hive.

:grouphug:

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

I can't help but think that it has a lot to do with the current election and budget, but it does not make it any easier. The email states that they will be readvertising, so we will watch. I am guessing it will come after the election next week.

So ready to move....

The job was just posted today. Nothing has changed on the announcement, so DH is going to apply again and see what happens.

Hopefully it was just the timing and not anything else.

Prayers, good thought and well wishes please. ;)

Praying for y'all. We applied for jobs at Heather's school in Malaysia a couple of years ago, interviewed twice, but then they hired someone else. I was SO sad. Bill was hired soon after that for a position in Raleigh, NC, which is where we are from originally. So, rather than moving halfway around the world, we moved back home. We're enjoying being with grandparents, cousins, and siblings, but I still think about what life would be like if we were in Malaysia.

And, I've been looking for a position for six months now. I have applied and interviewed for quite a few jobs. I have one offer that I'm not crazy about, but had a second interview for a position I would love this past Monday. I'll find out on Monday whether or not I will be offered the position I would love. If I am, I'll take it. But if not, I'll accept the other position.

The whole process is draining and humbling. If you think about it, I'd love your prayers for me too! Take care, and keep us updated!

Praying for y'all. We applied for jobs at Heather's school in Malaysia a couple of years ago, interviewed twice, but then they hired someone else. I was SO sad. Bill was hired soon after that for a position in Raleigh, NC, which is where we are from originally. So, rather than moving halfway around the world, we moved back home. We're enjoying being with grandparents, cousins, and siblings, but I still think about what life would be like if we were in Malaysia.

And, I've been looking for a position for six months now. I have applied and interviewed for quite a few jobs. I have one offer that I'm not crazy about, but had a second interview for a position I would love this past Monday. I'll find out on Monday whether or not I will be offered the position I would love. If I am, I'll take it. But if not, I'll accept the other position.

The whole process is draining and humbling. If you think about it, I'd love your prayers for me too! Take care, and keep us updated!

Of course, Cindy. I am honored to pray for you. :grouphug:

DH has a phone interview tomorrow evening (8pm est) for an overseas job. :hurray:

We have been trying to get overseas for *years* and are very excited about this possibility.

Prayers would be appreciated! :)

Kind thoughts and well wishes are also welcome. :D

Praying it works out for you!

Would you be going someone cool, with a beach? (Sigh).

Praying it works out for you!

Would you be going someone cool, with a beach? (Sigh).

Thank you for your prayers. :001_smile:

There are actually 3 possibilities right now. Just one needs to work out for us. ;)

One position is in coastal NC where we ultimately would like to retire, but it is a long shot.

The job he is hoping for and that this thread is about is in South Korea. It would be a 3 year commitment, and then we would come back to the states. We both have been overseas and love the experiences. We would like to take ds10 overseas and this is a good time with older dd's in college. I want to be near once they are married and have grandbabies. :lol:

The third possibility is moving back to VA. We moved here last March and have been unable to sell our house in VA. We may be able to secure a job and go back. We don't have a beach there either, but do have family and wonderful friends. Plus, although where we are is beautiful, it is warmer in the south. :-)

Thanks again for your prayers.