Menu

Has anyone had their child take the PLAN test?

Ds took the PLAN in 10th grade only because he was taking 2 classes at the PS and every 10th grader took it. He did not prepare for it. He had already taken the ACT after 9th grade and scored reasonably well (26). In fact, the results estimated that he would score 26-30 on his ACT. When he took it after 10th grade, he scored 31. So much for the estimate.

My guy took it at school without studying for it. If it's a first test for a student it tends to be best if they don't study as that then lets you know where any gaps (or strong points) might be. The PLAN isn't as stressful as there's no scholarship attached to it that I'm aware of. The PSAT can be different for some kids.

I'll know when Oct ACT scores come out whether the PLAN was an accurate predictor for my guy or not.

My guy took it at school without studying for it. If it's a first test for a student it tends to be best if they don't study as that then lets you know where any gaps (or strong points) might be. The PLAN isn't as stressful as there's no scholarship attached to it that I'm aware of. The PSAT can be different for some kids.

I'll know when Oct ACT scores come out whether the PLAN was an accurate predictor for my guy or not.

Keep us posted on the accuracy please :)