Menu

Hands on Equations at HSBC

campmom

We used HOE last year and thought it was wonderful. My son did MUS through pre-algebra, but we used this for about a month or so to add to our Fridays and show another way of looking at the problems. Even now, we still break it out occasionally to review the rules of algebra and make him slow down enough to show his steps so he knows what he's doing on paper.

I'd recommend it to anyone, I really would. It's a great program.

I love it and so does Rebecca. I bought the basic set on Ebay and then purchased the Verbal Problems book. We're doing verbal problems now, but will probably go on to Level II very soon. I highly recommend it. My one complaint is that the VP book is $33, but the binding is cheap and awful. It's already coming apart.

Edited by Mommy22alyns

A couple of weeks ago there was thread about the app. Here's what Kouvonne said in her post below.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showpost.php?p=4309150&postcount=6

If I didn't have everything already, I would get all 3 levels of the app and purchase the verbal book separately. If you need the pawns and board, it's easy to take a few c-rods, 2 colors, as pawns, and laminate your own balance sheet and flat numbers.