Menu

If you are on the GAPS diet, I have a question!

Some dear friends of ours are going through a family crisis right now, and I am working on ways to help them out.

Normally for folks in their situation, I'd be bringing by meals and providing gift cards for meals on the go and for carry out. But this family adheres to the GAPS diet, and I am not well acquainted with the specifics of the diet.

I'd like to bring by some meals for them, and I'd like to honor their diet preferences. So I am looking for some good GAPS diet recipes or suggestions. Particularly for meals that will be easy for them to use and won't require much prep time on their part.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Well, it would depend on what stage of the diet they are on and any particular family intolerances. It would be wise to first ask what they are eating before making something. Boiled meat w/ homemade stock and veggies (like green beans, onions, and carrots)- so like a stew would be a pretty safe bet for most anyone on gaps. Spices are preferably fresh, I'd keep it to salt, pepper and fresh garlic.