Menu

rattlesnake in my yard!

So for some unknown reason my son decided to pee on the tree. He was pretty shocked when this bad boy slithered out of it! We took pictures from the porch till my dad came and shot it, yes there are pics of that too. Normally I am a live and let live person but not rattlers

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc437/mommypayed/rattle%20snake/

So for some unknown reason my son decided to pee on the tree. He was pretty shocked when this bad boy slithered out of it! We took pictures from the porch till my dad came and shot it, yes there are pics of that too. Normally I am a live and let live person but not rattlers

Where do you live?

Creepy!!!!!!

That is so weird that you were posting on mine when I was on your thread about the week in review! Love the punkin patch! That apple is quite odd!

I loved the apple :) One of the other kids found it, but I had to take a picture :D I have the maturity-level and sense of humor of a 12 year-old boy sometimes.

Egad!

I like snakes myself, but I'm not a fan of them around my children--not if they're venomous.

Nice one, Dad.

That one's big enough to give me the willies!

Rattlers make good eating, you know.

That's a big one, bound to have lots of meat on it.

Also, the skins are easily tanned at home without chemicals (salt, iirc, is what's needed). I did this once as a kid when my sisters brought home a bull snake they killed. It was smaller, but would have made a good headband if their friend (who'd helped take it) hadn't kept it after I let him take it to show and tell.

Rattlers make good eating, you know.

That's a big one, bound to have lots of meat on it.

Also, the skins are easily tanned at home without chemicals (salt, iirc, is what's needed). I did this once as a kid when my sisters brought home a bull snake they killed. It was smaller, but would have made a good headband if their friend (who'd helped take it) hadn't kept it after I let him take it to show and tell.

I wouldn't know the first thing about doing any of that stuff but a head band would have been cool.